Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Namaste mradam83 ji,

Regarding abstract things being created by Brahma - I have no answer. May be folks with deeper knowledge on scriptures or who have meditated on this question can answer.

There is a good thread , which answers some of this questions in an oblique way.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=8472
Namaste Seeker.

Thank you for your link you provided.

The thread has some very deep thoughts. On the subject of Brahma, I had the thoughts today that Brahma is integral because he literally has his hand, for example, in human creation but it is something that we never consciously ask for and are blissfully unaware of it as it happens. However, I feel that we can try and understand/ acknowledge and thank Brahma for this.

On the other hand, Vishnu is the god that controls vital existence - the here and now until Shiva steps in at the end of things. Again, the way I see it (and this is purely how I am trying to understand it, not saying this is how it is) is that we do not control this but unlike our creation we can be aware of it and pray and prepare for it.

So looking in this sense, I can understand why Vishnu and his Avatars get the most worship being what I see as "the here and now" and also Shiva receiving a lot of worship and Brahma as the god that maybe doesn't control our life but we can at least begin to do him justice by understanding in a human way his contribution to us.

As I said it is just my thoughts on the matter, hopefully I'm not 1000% in the wrong direction.