Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Yoga and Drugs (Chemicals)

Re: Yoga and Drugs (Chemicals)

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti29 View Post
    I won't waste anymore time here. No one is giving me a straight answer, must be the effect of those drugs.
    Namaste,

Not to reopen this "can of worms" but Shuddasattvaji specifically asked for someone to point to any scriptural reference decrying the use of this herb, and so far I have not seen it. I am neither lauding or decrying the use of said herb but it seems that the burden of proof is on those decrying it. If there is another thread revealing this scriptural evidence please link it here.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Why reopen the issue if u claim to take neither side? Don't quote me. I already said I would not waste anymore time on this matter.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. - Aleister Crowley
    Some of you might enjoy Crowley's teachings.

Namaste.
    I take whatever side the scriptures are on. I didn't mean to offend you by quoting you, but since you were one of the people calling foul it made sense to quote you. I have seen many debates (vegetarianism for example) on this forum and in most instances there is a scriptural basis.

I have seen a lot of debate on this issue but I have yet to see a scriptural basis, for either view. I am interested to see if either side can support their claims, but again, the burden of proof lies with the people who call it "a vile habit" and quote irrelevant things as a thinly veiled and not very effective insult to others.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

*Sigh* And yet you still quote me. It wasn't a thinly veiled insult and I won't apologise if you see it that way. It was a friendly bit of advice and it remains, do as thou wilt.
    I don't see the need for you to try to insist on a debate with someone. What is it a need to win or a sense of superiority?
    These things don't interest me. I have already said my part. I rarely engage in discussions and I won't make an exception for your ego.

Nobody is asking you to debate, I could care less if you or someone else provided scriptural evidence, for either view. I just want to see the evidence. Personally I don't smoke the stuff, but I also don't project that view onto everyone else as if I am some kind of spiritual authority without any basis, or the ability to provide evidence when my view is scrutinized.

Also, I didn't take it as an insult but you were Implying that people who don't believe exactly as you do are less-than Hindu. There is no other logical reason to make such a statement, since it is entirely irrelevant to the topic. You can deny it all you want, but the fact that you continue to respond even after saying several times "I'm done with this discussion" shows the real ego.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information