Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yoga and Drugs (Chemicals)

Re: Yoga and Drugs (Chemicals)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuddhasattva View Post
    My story and two cents.

Namaste
    The story is worth more than that, thanks for sharing.

May it be 2012 BCE or 2012 ACE, may one wears saffron robes and recites vedas or not, a substance abuser is called as such and remains one until and unless one mends ones ways. No, anything doesn’t go with Hinduism, and one maynot try to hide behind a comforting religion and all. Granted they were not stoned in the past, it doesn’t mean they are accepted as role models either. None of the Brahmacharya, Grihastha, Vanaprastha, Sanyasa ashramas have allowed this practice . No well respected hindu acharya or swami used/ uses any chemical substances. But whats my business here again? Since there are some teens on this forum it is prudent of you to scale back your stand and ease out. Namaste.
    Last edited by charitra; 22 June 2012 at 02:35 PM.

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    May it be 2012 BCE or 2012 ACE, may one wears saffron robes and recites vedas or not, a substance abuser is called as such and remains one until and unless one mends ones ways. No, anything doesn’t go with Hinduism, and one maynot try to hide behind a comforting religion and all. Granted they were not stoned in the past, it doesn’t mean they are accepted as role models either. None of the Brahmacharya, Grihastha, Vanaprastha, Sanyasa ashramas have allowed this practice . No well respected hindu acharya or swami used/ uses any chemical substances. But whats my business here again? Since there are some teens on this forum it is prudent of you to scale back your stand and ease out. Namaste.
    +1

First thing: Quit using Hinduism as a cover for your habit

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    Namaste,

Charitra I am having difficulty understanding what you are saying. Firstly I want to say that Ganja is in no way similar to cocaine, meth, or any other of those types of drugs. Cannabis is only considered a drug due to the psychoactive compounds. It is also no way similar to Alcohol. So all this fuss about drugs are bad has no bearing on Ganja.

I could go into vast details about this, but I doubt anyone would care to understand each aspect of the plant and its flower. As mentioned earlier in the thread there is a co-evolutionary relationship between humans and cannabis. Cannabis existed before we even evolved as we are now. This is very fascinating and very auspicious. To consider it a drug as one would cocaine or other substances is in no way accurate and really just shows ones ignorance to the reality of what Cannabis is.

With that said you cannot take away from the fact that the Naga Sadhu lineage reveres Cannabis. Some worshipers of Kali revere Cannabis. The aghoris also use Cannabis.

It is very interesting to see how deep rooted the propaganda has affected people when it comes to understanding cannabis. We can thank the United States government for that. But its sad that it also causes Hindus to insult others for using Cannabis.

My Lord Shiva smokes Cannabis. If you think there is a greater saint then that who condemns it, then by all means quote them, but I will reside with my Lord. I have no problems with people not smoking Ganja. It doesnt matter to me, but I dislike to see people belittle others and think that only teenagers are interested in this. But regardless I cannot change anyones opinion nor is it my duty, all I can do is practice my way. I meditate without Ganja and I meditate with Ganja. If its a burden for you, then by all means do not try it, but for me it is Okay. Even Ramana Maharshi took Cannabis when offered by a student. But then again who is Ramana right?

Just my useless ramblings

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste,

Do I have a deal for all the American weed smokers: If you stop using Hinduism as a cover for your habit, I will petition Obama to legalize it.

Maybe, we can induct Bob Marley into the Hindu pantheon so that the ganja crowd will have a Hindu deity as a cover, but please don't associate Bhagwan Maheshji with this habit. Fair enough?

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 22 June 2012 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Namaste,

Charitra I am having difficulty understanding what you are saying. Firstly I want to say that Ganja is in no way similar to cocaine, meth, or any other of those types of drugs. Cannabis is only considered a drug due to the psychoactive compounds. It is also no way similar to Alcohol. So all this fuss about drugs are bad has no bearing on Ganja.

I could go into vast details about this, but I doubt anyone would care to understand each aspect of the plant and its flower. As mentioned earlier in the thread there is a co-evolutionary relationship between humans and cannabis. Cannabis existed before we even evolved as we are now. This is very fascinating and very auspicious. To consider it a drug as one would cocaine or other substances is in no way accurate and really just shows ones ignorance to the reality of what Cannabis is.

With that said you cannot take away from the fact that the Naga Sadhu lineage reveres Cannabis. Some worshipers of Kali revere Cannabis. The aghoris also use Cannabis.

It is very interesting to see how deep rooted the propaganda has affected people when it comes to understanding cannabis. We can thank the United States government for that. But its sad that it also causes Hindus to insult others for using Cannabis.

My Lord Shiva smokes Cannabis. If you think there is a greater saint then that who condemns it, then by all means quote them, but I will reside with my Lord. I have no problems with people not smoking Ganja. It doesnt matter to me, but I dislike to see people belittle others and think that only teenagers are interested in this. But regardless I cannot change anyones opinion nor is it my duty, all I can do is practice my way. I meditate without Ganja and I meditate with Ganja. If its a burden for you, then by all means do not try it, but for me it is Okay. Even Ramana Maharshi took Cannabis when offered by a student. But then again who is Ramana right?

Just my useless ramblings

Om Namah Shivaya
    What you're saying is quite interesting. For my part, I won't rule out the use of ganja until/unless I find it ineffective. But, as I said, I've never smoked it, so I cannot draw any such conclusion at this time. I hope everyone will put their emotions aside for the purpose of this discussion, as emotion has always been a flimsy ground to support logic. I, for one, remain open. (But I'll have to try singing those bhajans as well! Thank you, ShivaFan.)
    ~Har Har Mahadev~

Where there is Truth there is Victory

"The mind is a dangerous weapon, even to the possessor, if he knows not discreetly how to use it." - Michel de Montaigne

~Om Namah Shivay~

Namaste,

Who has a habit? Which one of us here has a habit? Out of curiosity so we know who you are talking about my dear friend believer. As far as Obama, we already see his track record. None of these politicians care about you or I. But politics is a never ending dialogue.

Om Namah Shivaya

namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    As far as Obama, we already see his track record. None of these politicians care about you or I.
    That is news to me.
    The president is sworn to protect the constitution which guarantees us the pursuit of happiness. If our happiness lies in smoking weed, then he has to legalize it. That is his sworn duty. But let us do it in the name of the new Hindu deity Bob Marley, instead of anyone else.

Pranam.

Namaste,

Bob Marley wasn't the only cannabis smoker. Your insults are funny though. I do not take you too serious so don't think I am offended. You are still my Dharma friend.

Om Namah Shivaya

Off topic, can anyone tell me why there is no sub-forum for Mantra under the Yoga forum?
    ~Har Har Mahadev~

Where there is Truth there is Victory

"The mind is a dangerous weapon, even to the possessor, if he knows not discreetly how to use it." - Michel de Montaigne

~Om Namah Shivay~

Thread Information