Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Living a Happy and Satisfied Life

Re: Living a Happy and Satisfied Life

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    Suppose I tell you, there is an idol of sri krishna in my bag. And there are two kinds of people. a) believe that there is an idol. b) do not believe that there is an idol.

neither (a) , nor (b) know for sure whether there is an idol in my bag or not. IF someone inquires into it and opens the bag and sees for himself thats only when he or she knows that there is an idol.
    OR if Shri KRshNa svayam tells them "I am in silence_speaks' bag"

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya~

_/\_ praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Dear smaranam,
    Nice to see your comment

OR if Shri KRshNa svayam tells them "I am in silence_speaks' bag"

Firstly, it would be redundant activity on Sri Krishna's part ... coz he knows you have the freedom to go and see yourself. And if devotee without looking into the bag is waiting for Sri Krishna to tell him this ... then we know whether the devotee is sincere or not, dont we ?

Secondly... Suppose Sri Krishna indeed appears and tells you. How do you differentiate it is mental imagination or not ? May be you are just hallucinating ? I am not saying a vision of Sri Krishna is bound to be Hallucination. All I am saying is , how would you differentiate a hallucination from fact ?

Third and most important , leaving the story aside, from Bhakti perspective: To me Sri Krishna need not tell me .... there is no place he is not there. Infact right now he is to our right, left, up , above. in and outside us. So he has as if consumed us. When sri krishna showed the whole universe in him to his mother ... where was she ? She and all of us are already swallowed by Him long before we even asked for it ! so we move in him, revel in him... we are always in his embrace. Think of it! No chance to miss Him.

Namaste,

That is all fine. However, KRshNa would do so for the devotee's pleasure. KRshNa is with the devotee, accompanies the devotee, but the sweet surprise that 'I am in this place A. Go find Me, do an abhishek and put Me in place B' delights a bhakta. ("pure bhakti is free of karma and jnana" - Rupa Goswami).

Madhavendra Puri was sleeping and KRshNa said "I am stuck in this muddy grassy place." Madhavendra Puri woke up wide-eyed, left early in the morning - the place KrshNa described was deep in the jungle, and exactly as per the description he found Gopal. He needed assistance from some confidantes to pull Gopal out.

ShyAmsundar also stole his ksheer (condensed milk) and came to be known as ksheer-chor.

At the point where the devotee has transcended false-ego, i would think KRshNa protects them from hallucinations, and they are beyond that worry and doubt. As Supersoul in the heart He also gives intuitive understanding of when KRshNa is real. Also, imaginations can be told apart because imagination requires our own effort and cannot last long or be eternal. If KrshNa appeared somewhere, He had a reason, and the context & why is between the devotee and KRshNa.

Regarding sincerity: Yes, the devotee does not wait for KRshNa to tell something, or even ask Him such things. They just go on with their bhajan. Devotees want to know, but only KrshNa KathA - as in: what He likes, would like, what He wants them to know, what is the best way to work/exist towards KRshNa's pleasure,
    and they also discuss His transcendental qualities, nature and leelas among each other.
    Some say this is selfish and groupish. However, bhaktas always give KRshNa to those who want KRshNa, because they feel that is the one amRut - nectar that the soul really needs and we know many today are eating junk food like chips soda and fries in the way of material life.

Hare KRshNa... sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread.
    Last edited by smaranam; 28 July 2012 at 01:19 AM.

Dear Smaranam,
    Very nice to know your belief sytem. I respect your beliefs and ideas and there is no intention to contradict them.

As I mentioned earlier... I am speaking of Pure Advaita here. I have my disagreements with Visistadvaita and particularly with ISKCON. But I do not like to argue and prove them wrong or something... because they all have their own place.

Japa, Sankirtana etc are excellent means to be with God. No doubts about that. This once again proves why a thread like this cannot be for "Everyone" . It serves those that are "exactly" in that position to take it.

Hare Krishna!

Dear Smaranam,
    Very nice to know your belief sytem. Hare Krishna!
    except it is not my belief system, but the experience that Shri KRshNa has given and continues to give me.

Since you mentioned followers of beliefs in an earlier post here, i would just say that about 50% of those who appear to be [blind] 'followers of controllers of people's emotions' to those outside, are indeed there because of their personal experiences and living relationship with KRshNa.
    I know that mobs are with people who preach beliefs and keep motivating people with emotions. People get attracted to such stuff faster. This vision is not for a person is cannot even find out if he is gettign attracted by the "Brand" or the vision presented! This is not for people who cannot even recognize that he may be afterall getting attracted by just the length of the beard of a particular swamiji!

--

"The proof is in the [taste of the] pudding" seems to be your message here, and that is precisely what bhakti yogis will tell you too:
    Taste the pudding. Eat the mango.

Hare KRshNa~
    Last edited by smaranam; 28 July 2012 at 10:53 PM.

Dear Smaranam,

Here is a problem... Sri Krishna is everywhere ... Every moment of our lives is an experience of Sri Krishna. unfortunately people miss that and consider a "Specific" experience as special. This is my view.

Sri Krishna just cannot be missed. He is encountered every moment of one's life-- Every moment is a moment of ecstasy that way .

Please think of it.

Dear Smaranam,

Here is a problem... Sri Krishna is everywhere ... Every moment of our lives is an experience of Sri Krishna. unfortunately people miss that and consider a "Specific" experience as special. This is my view.

Sri Krishna just cannot be missed. He is encountered every moment of one's life-- Every moment is a moment of ecstasy that way .

Please think of it.
    Namaste, this is true already, i am not disagreeing with you, but for me every moment is special because KrshNa is with me all the time as a Person, not simply because He is in the air and flowers and clouds and words and water and people's actions.

This is the difference between the personal and impersonal.

Impersonalists equate KRshNa's energy as KrshNa and make everything the same. Bhaktas value a personal relationship with KRshNa more, but consider KRshNa's energy in the form of "everywhere" and "everything" as a medium of their service to Him.

KRshNa IS with me all the time. This is not a conclusion of any tarka, inference or mental gymnastics but just observation like a baby opens eyes and checks to make sure mother is there. Nor do i equate KRshNa the Supreme Person with His impersonal energy. Nor do i erroneously think He "had" "a mAyic body"

It is true that i cannot relate to vipralambha sevA and don't ever want to be in seperation of Him like the Gopis. KRshNa has promised that we can never ever part. I do not know what will happen if He yanks away that association. I will suffocate whether in or out of body and He knows it.

---

(To distinguish however, the Gopis will never appreciate your jnAna that KrshNa is in the pot and mud and air and up down left right... and they did not buy this explanation when KRshNa tried to tell them so at Kurukshetra - during the eclipse.
    Why would KrshNa send a bramhagyani Uddhav to the Gopis and why would Uddhav get transformed with Radha's devotion instead of teaching them Brahmagyan as per his plan? This is how KRshNa tricked Uddhav.)

Hare KRshNa~
    Last edited by smaranam; 30 July 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Dear Smaranam,

KRshNa IS with me all the time. This is not a conclusion of any tarka, inference or mental gymnastics but just observation like a baby opens eyes and checks to make sure mother is there

What about Deep Sleep ? Or Dream sleep ?
    How do you know that Krishna is there with you in your deep sleep ?

Thread Information