Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INDIASPIRITUALITY Blog

INDIASPIRITUALITY Blog

Namaste,

I manage Indiaspirituality Blog.

Here is the intro

Most of my articles are connected to Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Ramana Maharshi and some times Swami Ramsukhdasji Maharaj.

I have collected some spiritual blogs and listed under 'Spiritual Blogs and Discussion Groups of Note'

and some spiritual websites

Aum

INDIASPIRITUALITY
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Re: INDIASPIRITUALITY Blog

Namaste,

Quite an effort in collecting so much information and rolling it all into a blog. Thanks.

Pranam.

Thank you

__/ \__

Aum

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

Namaste IndiaSpirituality

Wow! I REALLY liked your website! Did you create this?

What I really liked wAs the posts under the category BHAKTI.

Are these called blogs? these postings? Can people respond to them?

You are an artist of design, and a savant of content and choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste IndiaSpirituality

Wow! I REALLY liked your website! Did you create this?

What I really liked wAs the posts under the category BHAKTI.

Are these called blogs? these postings? Can people respond to them?

You are an artist of design, and a savant of content and choice.
    Namaste,

Yes it's a blog and everything is done by me, except the quotes by Holy Trio (Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda and Sri Sarada Maa), which are provided By Sri Bharat Churiwala, who is a devotee of Holy Trio.

Indiaspirituality is a blog and individual articles are called as posts just like website consists of web pages.

http://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in...og-basics.html

99 % articles are copy pasting of teachings of great saints like Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Swami Ramsukhdasji Maharaj, etc, except some articles which i have extracted from discourses i have listened. Nothing is there which is my original content, it cannot be

there is no need to device a new theory, as whatever is necessary is already been given, better be a disciple and follow the teachings than to act like a Guru (which you are not)

You can use comment system to reply to the post. blog is interactive, but not as friendly as forums. Only the owner or any author authorized by blog owner can post articles. Reader can comment (which can be set).

Setting up blog is easy and I use blogger platform i.e. www.blogger.com

Everything is free, to create and post articles. Articles are automatically indexed by Google, since it is a product of Google

Thanks for talking time to visit Indiaspirituality. i am not much active, as i see blogging as emotional outlet. So when my mind is introvert, I do not blog.

Aum

This blog is very well done and informative. Bravo and thanks for creating/maintaining it!

Thank you @Vasa

__/ \__

Aum

Namaste Indiaspirituality

I put the below response in your introduction of the Introductions folder, but now realize this thread is the more proper location. See my question below in my quote regarding Trailinga Swami, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste Indiaspirituality

Typically one does not revisit one's "Introduce yourself" posting, so you may not see this update of mine. But if perhaps you do, I am making reference to your wonderful blog site you created and shared with us in your introduction. As I have stated previously, I really welcome this site of yours, it is a resource of such valuable content, it feels so welcoming in the spirit it seems to project, so peaceful, advanced and yet at the same time non-judgmental of others, everyone can feel so comfortable who visits it.

Yes peaceful is one way to describe it.

One reason I am revisiting your introduction in regards to your wonderful site is in regards to a question I have of you, which is innocent curiosity.

I see you are an advocate for Shri Ramakrishna. In this regard, I have a fascination with Trailinga Swami and am impressed by this great mystic and yogi swami who possessed siddhis and is famous to those such as myself who are devouts of the Holy City and tirtha called Kashi (Varanasi) of which this Saint lived as a resident there for 150 years.

I make mention of Him in relation to Ramakrishna. Just to share some information with you in this regard, there were notable savants, yogis, saints and Hindus who have had personal Darshan with Trailinga which may be of interest to you.

These include Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda's guru, and Shri Shyamacharan Lahiri the guru of Sri Yogananda who documented guru Lila in Autobiography of a Yogi first published in 1946.

Swami Trailinga would give diksha only to a very few. This included Kalicharanswami a close relative of Shri Chaitanaya Mahaprabhu 1485-1533.

Many swamis of Shri Ramakrishna Mission met Trailingaswami. And great Personalities of Kashi met and were inspired by Him, Gaudaswami, Kashthajihvaswami, Ramniranjanswami, Vishuddhanandaswami.

Have you heard of this legend?

His history is from 1607 until He left us in 1887 and for 150 years in The City Never Forsaken by Shiva. He was born in Telugu land Andhra Desa. He is in the documented history of India be in footnotes of autobiographies, biographies, world travelers and historians who mention Him, for two centuries and more.

When He left, he had Himself nailed into a coffin (He was not cremated) and sunk into the Ganges at Panchaganga Ghat.

Because of this unusual way of leaving, sometimes I wonder if in fact He is still here with us in India to this very day.

I really love your website. May Trailinga Swami bless you.

Namaste @Shivafan

Thank you for your kind words. I do not do anything special. The bhakti and purity of mind is responsible for what you feel, when you visit INDIASPIRITUALITY.

I am highly influenced by Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Ramana Maharshi, so my replies will have their quotes

I do not read many books, so only know his name, as Sri Ramakrishna had visited the great saint. At that time, he was taking moun and was building Ghat. He communicated using expressions and hands signs to convey. After a brief talk, Sri Ramakrishna concluded to Hriday (his sister's son of nearly same age as Sri Ramakrishna) that this saint is living only in Atmas thiti. This place is holy because of this saint. Sometimes Swami Trailanga swami would sleep on river sand under blazing sun, sometimes meditate in river water. I do not recall everything. My elder bro has read Autobiography of a Yogi and he briefed some more about great Saint. I have great reverence for Sri Trailanga Swami.

My pranams to the great Saints who was living embodiment of Brahman.

Now, regarding to your question.

Whenever any realized saint has left the body, his body also has strong spiritual vibrations. Yogananda's body was kept for 21 days and the body looked fresh. Similarly Sri Trailanga Swami had also practised Yog Sadhana. This explains his long life span. Later he must have quit his body at will, as all other realized souls do.

The body of realized saint is also very important, as it has spiritual vibrations. So either it is buried or it is surrendered 'arpan' to River preferable Ganga. It will purify and fill anything that comes in contact with it.

Any realized saint, is equally effective even after his death. He lives in sukshma sharira, and can even manifest (like Shirdi Sai Baba) even after death. They can communicate in dreams or in meditation or through somebody.

So this way is not unusual, and technically nor has he left us. He is not physically present.

Generally, when you recall your time with your loved ones or simply recall the names of ones whom you have known, then your face becomes serious. When you recall any realized saint, there will be a smile in your face and joy in your heart. This is the reason why it is permitted to keep a photo of realized saint, but not of our fore fathers. Ancester's photos should not be kept, as they have to complete their spiritual journey, and recalling them, interrupts this process as they get pulled towards you. You are supposed to have the relation with your family members, relatives and friends only for this birth. After they have left, let them continue their journey. this i swhy we try to free them and do Tarpan Vidhi (Shraddha on 12th and 13th day) and even have to do Naran Bali, not to remember them, but to help them un-tie karmic ties with us and progress ahead and complete their spiritual journey.

Realized saints have already completed their journey. So they do not have rebith, but have already merged with God.

I hope you are getting my point.

Sri Trailanga Swami has only left mortal body like Snake quits it's skin. Does that mean that Swamiji has permanently left us?

Whenever a true devotee and disciple needs help, he will always get.

My pranams to the Great saints, Self Realized Souls and Avatars. My pramans to all devotees of God. Blessed are they by the Grace of God, have God's love in their heart and have infinite peace and bliss out of vairagya.

My prostrations and salutations to them.

Aum
    Last edited by Amrut; 18 July 2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: added more info

@ShivaFan

On a second note regarding INDIASPIRITUALITY,

If you are influenced by teachings of a great saint, why not pick up his biography.

When you visit a spiritual bookstore, you find many books, lets say based on or extracted from Gita.

My approach is, if this is all extracted from Gita, then why should I not pick up Gita and read it. Grasp the original.

I always read spiritual books in my mother tougue. It helps a lot

First thing to read is Biography and then teachings of great Saint, as teachings are nothing but an extension of their life. i.e. they live and teach the same thing, as in case of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Ramana Maharshi

I have not read any other biographies, not even Swami Vivekanada and Sri Sarada Maa (spiritual consort - wife- of Sri Ramakrishna.) so I cannot point to any other references

I do not care about hits, visits and page ranks, though everyone is welcomed to visit and keep visiting INDIASPIRITUALITY
    EDIT:

I do not even pray that let right souls get attracted to INDIASPIRITUALITY. I just post it and forget it - keeps me mentally free. Everything is left to God
    Last edited by Amrut; 18 July 2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: added last line

Thread Information