Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from U.S

Hello from U.S

Hello,

I am very excited about being part of this forum again. I am a Hindu by birth and for late I am really trying to understand what that means. I don't want to be Hindu that practices Hinduism but a Hindu that understands and practices Dharma.

I have a website where I post things about Hinduism and events and things that mean something to me.
    http://iksvakave.wordpress.com/

I would really like your feedback, if you happen to glance at the site. I believe we are here to learn from each other. I feel like a beginner when it comes to all things Hinduism but I also feel like I am spiritually advanced than most people my age. My deepest desire is to study Gita. I hope you learn a great deal from this forum.

Thank you for having me.

Re: Hello from U.S

Namaste Prabhuji Yes I will read your translation of The Bhagavad Gita. I am very happy to see you speak Telegu which must be your Mother language. The Lord loves you very much to have such ability to share the Gita with Westerners such as myself. I look forward to reading and giving my opinion back, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste Prabhuji

I am not Prabhuji and I am no prabhuji. I am a female. Do you think it is kind to call someone that?

Yes I will read your translation of The Bhagavad Gita. I am very happy to see you speak Telegu which must be your Mother language.

Thank You. I will be happy to everyone speak the language of the mother also.

The Lord loves you very much to have such ability to share the Gita with Westerners such as myself. I look forward to reading and giving my opinion back, thank you!
    Ability to give an opinion is something I grown to love as well.

I do not seek assurance about God's love. It is already given to me.

I hope this is not the spiritual truth you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by veena View Post
    Hello,

I am very excited about being part of this forum again. I am a Hindu by birth and for late I am really trying to understand what that means. I don't want to be Hindu that practices Hinduism but a Hindu that understands and practices Dharma.

I have a website where I post things about Hinduism and events and things that mean something to me.
    http://iksvakave.wordpress.com/

I would really like your feedback, if you happen to glance at the site. I believe we are here to learn from each other. I feel like a beginner when it comes to all things Hinduism but I also feel like I am spiritually advanced than most people my age. My deepest desire is to study Gita. I hope you learn a great deal from this forum.

Thank you for having me.
    Namaste.

Welcome. Your blog is great - I am very new to Hinduism as well and as a result, I'm like a sponge for knowledge.

Am I right in assuming that Saraswati is your main god/deity?

Pranams.

mradam83,

Thank you saying for my blogs looks great. Goddess sarasvati is the Goddess of learning, so HIndu's usually take her blessings for education and knowledge.

I worship all of the Hindu Gods.

Hi guys,

I'm Vikash,

I live in the UK (born and raised) and i'm a Hindu,

I feel the same as Veena in terms of i want to learn more about my religion, instead of blindly practicing it

I'm glad to be part of this forum, and hope to learn more about Hinduism from those more learned then i am

Vik

Isan't that the truth. Most of us just blindly worship. On average, how many Hindus or Indian do you think read the Gita or actually understand the religion in depth?

Quote Originally Posted by veena View Post
    Isan't that the truth. Most of us just blindly worship. On average, how many Hindus or Indian do you think read the Gita or actually understand the religion in depth?

thats true,

although i must be honest, i'm reading the Gita currently, and it is truly wonderful (in English of course, i cannot read Sanskrit

Quote Originally Posted by vikz22 View Post

I feel the same as Veena in terms of i want to learn more about my religion, instead of blindly practicing it

I'm glad to be part of this forum, and hope to learn more about Hinduism from those more learned then i am

Vik
    Vannakkam vikz: Welcome to these forums. Your 'blind' practice might well be more than any of us here know. If you're practicing at all, that says a lot.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Vikash from UK,

Welcome to the forum. Hope to hear your views soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikz22 View Post
    ......i want to learn more about my religion, instead of blindly practicing it
    Let us take a closer look at 'blindly following it' bit. Practicing a religion means that you are doing what it teaches, i.e. you are being good to your fellow man, leading a clean, honest life and worshiping the deities. 'Blindly practicing' means that you are doing all that even without reading or memorizing the verses which instruct you to do so. What is wrong with that, so long as you are really 'practicing' it? Of course you can rise to a higher plane by learning spiritual stuff from the scriptures like the Bhagwad Gita, but I would not berate someone 'blindly practicing' it. That is good too; although the desire to learn more is commendable. Make sense?

Welcome again and happy travels on the path to spirituality.

Pranam.

Thread Information