Thread: Anyone here teach by e-mail?

Anyone here teach by e-mail?

Namaste. I know the Guru-Disciple relationship probably wouldn't work well in e-mail format but it seems that having a teacher online could be a lot better than nothing and probably go a long way toward preparing one for their Guru. Anyone here open to that prospect? Thanks.
    Last edited by shays860; 06 July 2012 at 08:03 PM.

Re: Anyone here teach by e-mail?

Ps, I apologize if I am starting too many threads. Is there a rule of thumb or anything for that? I did wait a couple days just in case And I search the forums to see if my question has already been thoroughly and repeatedly answered.

Namast,

You do a good thing, in searching for old threads and making sure your questions are new ones! That's very helpful. Oh, and as far as I know, there is no forum rule for number of new threads started.

What sort of teaching, exactly, do you mean - on a specific subject, like teaching about Hindu scriptures or philosophy? Or spiritual teaching about personal practice, how to live, that kind of thing? If we know what sort of learning you're seeking, it might be easier to think of a teacher or course to direct you towards.

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Namaste,

Any and all of the above really. I am personally looking for as much of the above as I could get... I'm not sure if I know enough of the basics yet. But maybe if one were open they could give me an idea of what topics I should get a grasp of and what resources would best serve that end. One reason is that I have a bunch of little questions that aren't worth junking up the forum with new threads about, yet they are important. The particular path under the umbrella of Sanatana Dharma I have decided to pursue is Kashmir Shaivism. I was trying Advaita but I don't think it alone is ideal for me. I will be getting The Secret Supreme as soon as I can.
    Last edited by shays860; 07 July 2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Forgot ettiquette and wording wasn't ideal.

Hari Om!

Another suggestion if not already mentioned in those that you've read might be to get a "feeling" for some of the members of the forum and send a Private Message seeking counsel or direction, either personally or a suggestion from them.

I hope in suggesting this that I haven't crossed any boundaries or burdened anyone but I trust that an opportunity for seva might outweigh a query.

All the best to you along you path. Your proper Guru is being sent to you in time by the grace of Ganesh. Please believe this.

Jai Jai Hanuman!

Quote Originally Posted by shays860 View Post
    Namaste. I know the Guru-Disciple relationship probably wouldn't work well in e-mail format but it seems that having a teacher online could be a lot better than nothing and probably go a long way toward preparing one for their Guru. Anyone here open to that prospect? Thanks.
    Hi,

I think this forum from chinmaya has a dedicated discussion on Bhagavad Gita.

There are many spiritual courses going in Chinmaya Mission.

http://forum.chinfo.org/index.php?si...df55b45d9feb31

open bhagavad gita section.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Aum
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste:

I put Kashmiri Saivism and classes into Google and found:

http://vidyapeetham.org/courses/

I can't speak to the quality of the courses but I do recall reading an article about the initiation of Amba Sarah Caldwell (the founder) in Hinduism Today and they seemed to treat her academic credentials and her guru with utmost respect.

I also found the Hindu Cultural Center of Northern Alabama.

http://www.hccna.com/

I made sure that they have Lord Shiva. And at least according to the website, they want people of all background to feel welcomed and uplifted. If you visit enough, I'm sure you'll find classes or at least a few likeminded people who can give you some ideas.

All the best,

VB

Thread Information