Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspiring actor Gehna Vashisht assaulted for using Indian flag as a bikini

Aspiring actor Gehna Vashisht assaulted for using Indian flag as a bikini

Story+Pics here.

(Above link broken?)

Another http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bol...ag-097272.html

I am not condoning the assault by any stretch of imagination.

But do not these actresses, models, photographers, media personnel, etc. have some sense of propriety as to what can be allowed and what cannot be in our country? Why do they insist on pushing the envelope constantly and what are their thoughts on what type of country India should be?

My guess is that this is the result of Indians' ignorant "mimicking" of the West. Why do not they mimic the good aspects of the west such as a work culture - 8:30 AM to 5 PM and no coming into the office on a Saturday? No, that they will not mimic. That requires discipline and time management, you see. So, let us mimic stuff like nearly nude posing on the beach, "work hard, party harder" pub culture, etc.
    Last edited by wundermonk; 13 July 2012 at 09:22 AM.

Re: Aspiring actor Gehna Vashisht assaulted for using Indian flag as a bikini

cute picture

It is absolutely shameful that people attack a girl for wearing a bikini and an Indian flag. They have adopted Victorian morality. Before the Islamic and British influence in India people didn't even cover up their breasts with bras and bikinis, it wasn't uncommon for women to walk around topless. A lot of statues of goddesses have naked uncovered breasts.

National flags and anthems are also something that India has adopted from the west. If there's anyone who should stop mimicking the west it's these dumb protesters. Activism based on personal whims is also something that Indians have mimicked from the west.

Last edited by Sahasranama; 13 July 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Namaste,

If I remember right, it is unlawful to wear similarities of the national flag below the waist, or to display it in a disrespectful way even above the waist. Some legal action could have been taken. Why did the handlers, the photographers, the press agent (if she had any), or the owners of the magazine/tabloid that published the picture, not get punished in this physical way? As always, the weakest link in the chain seems to have been attacked. It is uncharacteristic/disgusting of Hindu men to have acted this way.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Before the Islamic and British influence in India people didn't use to cover up their breasts with bras and bikinis, but it was common for women to actually walk around topless. A lot of statues of godesses have naked breasts.
    Huh?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Did our statues of goddesses have naked breasts first and therefore our womenfolk walked around topless?

OR

Did our womenfolk walk around topless and therefore our statues of goddesses were made with naked breasts?

OR

could it be that our womenfolk NEVER walked around topless and there is no causal link between our womenfolk walking or not walking around topless and our statues of goddesses having naked breasts?

Are you suggesting that our models, photographers, media folks are on this secret agenda to overthrow "Victorian morality" and bring back our ancient glorious past where womenfolk walked around naked? A part of that secret agenda would be to hire size 0 models and parade them half naked on the beach with an India flag around their private parts?

What I am saying is that getting offended by a girl in bikini as a lot of modern day Indians seem to be, is not something that would have happened in India before the Islamic and British rule.

I can only imagine very different responses if Muslim scum would have beaten up a girl.

Vanakam,

In Tamil Nadu I had a swimsuit and I never got any bad, weird looks or such remarks.

But I saw many Hindu women bathing nearly in burka-like suits, I'm sorry, as a terrible westerner that like to show her breast to everyone I found that very bad for women to be forced to be full clothed because this is opressi...

Oh well, let's stop this I'm not even serious

this is not a bikini, this is called a pareo...And it's meant to hide the bikini and the legs...

the question is not about nudity, it's about the flag right ? It must be very important but...What those people did is not right. Those actions in groups (cowards always beat people in group) beating a woman like this because of what she wear, they are not putting thelselves different than pkistani mens beating their womens because of reasons as stupid as this.

This is an outrage to the flag ? This is no authorized to wear the flag below the belt ? Go to the police. Go tell her this is wrong. But beating her like this ? This is acting like an animal. Period.

In spain, in many beaches women can take the sun topless. I do too. This is cultural difference, but if someone in the beach is disturbed by this, then he comes to the woman, tell her, and she put her top back. This is simple.

To summarize:

- About nudity: I don't see any problem. Better than a burka. BUT this is not what the subject is about.

-About the flag: I'm not indian, I don't have to give my opinion on this since I don't know your customs and culture regarding this.

-About beating the woman for this: this is acting like a fanatized animal and this is awful. Tell her this is wrong, tell the police, but don't act like a jealous muslim on her woman. Beating in groups is the summum of cowardise and beating a woman is as bad. Good reasons or not, I wish those people feel a great shame on them.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Vannakkam: Is this a case of 'all press is good press' ? It seems a deliberate act to me, fully knowing it would cause a stir for somebody somewhere. How about becoming a better actor instead. Isn't that a slightly more dharmic way to find fame?

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

I'd read about it earlier too. Wearing our National Flag like that is indeed a punishable offense in the country, and what should've been done is to bring her and the others involved to the authorities for legal action. But assaulting a girl in a horde like that is absolutely barbaric, and I think the "activists" responsible for this must be severely punished at once. I wonder why their so-called patriotism mysteriously vanishes when confronted with the flag-burning militants in Srinagar, or when called upon to actually serve the country by taking bullets in war.

Provided that this entire incident isn't a publicity stunt, of course.
    Fully aware of the deficiency of my intelligence, I concentrate my attention on the son of Pavana,
    And humbly ask for strength, intelligence and true knowledge to relieve me of all painful blemishes.

All this was made up .I saw a docu on aajtak.assaulters were paid 200 each.enjoy the drama http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/a.../1/207808.html
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Thread Information