Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Magic. Truth or Myth?

Unhappy Black Magic. Truth or Myth?

Namaste All,

I would like to know how true does it hold that black magic prevails. Is it really possible by just possessing someone's belonging's or hair or pen or anything a person gets the power to do harm to others?

If true how does one know that some negative force (black magic) has been performed to harm someone?

Since i have heard a lot of it in my surroundings (not sure if it stands true) what could be the possible remedies or ways or methods to protect ourselves from it?
    Om Namah Shivay!

Re: Black Magic. Truth or Myth?

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Medha View Post
    Namaste All,
    I would like to know how true does it hold that black magic prevails. Is it really possible by just possessing someone's belonging's or hair or pen or anything a person gets the power to do harm to others?

If true how does one know that some negative force (black magic) has been performed to harm someone?

Since i have heard a lot of it in my surroundings (not sure if it stands true) what could be the possible remedies or ways or methods to protect ourselves from it?
    Do not even put your attention on it... that is one strong atasa (weapon).

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Vannakkam Medha: Besides Yajvan's excellent advise, it is also known that living a healthy lifestyle, following religious observances, etc., may help to keep such forces at bay.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Do not even put your attention on it... that is one strong atasa (weapon).

praṇām
    Namaste,

I agree very much with Yajvan

Shivoham

Deleted
    Last edited by ShriBala; 11 December 2012 at 07:06 AM.

Jainarayan is offline ॠनमो भगवते वासà¥à¤¦à¥‡à¤µà¤¾à ¤¯

Quote Originally Posted by Medha View Post
    Namaste All,

Only if you believe it. It doesn't work unless you think it does, or don't have faith in your God(dess).

I do think people can channel and focus both positive and negative energies.

My s-i-l practices brujaría (witchcraft, black magic in Spanish). She has done all sorts of stupid rituals to 'curse' someone (including me ). However, it's backfired on her. Her life is miserable, and she runs into obstacles at every turn. The evil she wishes only comes back to her.

I have faith that the deities protect and help me. That's the best way of counteracting any negative energies directed at me. Give yourself to, and place your confidence in God(dess).
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Energy is neither positive nor negative.

Best is Vajvan's advice and advices of other posters like EM and Jainarayan, el at.

We have limited time. Why not think about God? then to think on Ghosts, etc and black magic practices.

Who is more powerful - God or Ghost?

Mind is more influenced by negative thoughts and fear, so if you keep thinking about them, you may develop a sense that someone is there behind you, etc, even if no one is there. Again, these thoings do exists, so it is very difficult ot judge that it was a real thin or an illusion.

The best defense, as said by others is not to think about it and have faith in God and like Jainarayan has dais, God and deities protects me.

Observing religious practices as Eastern Mind has suggested also works well.

Aum
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

I do.. cox my family has been deeply affected by it. and that did also affect on my schooling and our family relations. 6 years was like hell and we didnt even know that such an event had occured in our house by our own family members. (distant relatives). those 6 years were painful. and the next 6 years took us to get normal by constantly being in touch with our Guru and being under his divine blessing.

But i still feel the post effect of it sometimes.
    Om Namah Shivay!

exactly. when we have limited time we should be thinking about the divine more. Y is that out of hatred and jealousy people do such things with others life. and when we never did harm and always believed in god why is that its only us who seems to be facing this problem.
    Om Namah Shivay!

The unseen tides of mind are connected, they may affect each other, positively or negatively.

Rites as a form of mental energetic discharge help. Open your house, put a Hanuman mantra. I've even performed some sort of exorcism once (when a very weird tide of negative energy flooded a person in my house). Just be firm in whatever aspect of the divine you regard as protective.

The fear of the negative only comes if you haven't explored your own darkness within, so self-knowledge is paramount in being protected from outer forces that may very well be your own inner ones. One thing that made me realize that is that no matter what horrid images you may force yourself to watch or think, you'll only feel fear when the movement for this is favorable, so fear is an inner state and not caused by the outside alone.

Thread Information