Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kriya Yoga Institute

Re: Kriya Yoga Institute

Vannakkam Vasa: Glad it all worked out. Shakti can be quite overwhelming for sure.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    Namaste.

It was AMAZING, thank you. . The Swamiji and Yogacharya were very thorough and worked with each person until they understood each step. The people who run the center and offer the weekly meditations are very nice and welcoming. I made some new Indian friends as well as some new Westwrn friends. The vibe is awesome too.

I saw something but I dont know if it was hallucination or not, I will wait until I clearly see it again to conclude. Either way, after the day and practice session I was energized and found it difficult to think about anything, my thoughts had slowed down drastically and I was in a very peaceful state for a couple of hours after.

I'm headed back up there soon for day 2 of practice, and then there are biweekly group meditations for continuing development.

ISji, thanks for recommending this one. If I had gone to Gurunath I would not have met such wonderful new friends. The donation required for this initiation is a pittance considering there are free biweekly sessions, I have unrestricted use of the center for private meditation (they actually already offered to give me the combination for door lock!) provided the center is not being used for sOmething else. Also, a couple of people had already taken initiation last year, and asked if they needed to reinstate, and were told they were welcome to but there was no "expiration date" and it wasn't necessary. That sold me right there, I'm sure many of the so-called gurus would be happy to take the money and say "oh yes, we need to reawaken the energy" or something. I'm glad these people are legit, and the bonus is that most of them also attend the local temple, and I've been invited to go. I think this will alleviate some of the fears I've seen many people express as far as going to temple for the first time.

All in all, Mahadev guided me here!

Pranam.
    Namaste Vasa

very happy to hear this.

If a paramhansa or a senior acharya, who is very advanced in meditation, but is just not given the title of a Paramhansa has initiated, then one initiation is enough for one life, unless you change Guru and is very less effective if one keeps changing paths and Gurus.

My Elder bro got this advice when he asked this question.

Again, if someone in locality has a big heart and has friendly nature, then you can gather for morning meditation on alternate sunday or saturday, followed some talks and lunch. If the host cannot afford lunch or if others want to contribute, then others can bring something with them and share it with others. This will increase bonding with the 'like minded' people, and the meeting will give immense pleasure.

Also in the beginning, we are all weak and need motivation, support and guidance. Groups meditations have much much more effect. The effect is multiplied, say group of 7 people meditating might be equal to 100 individual people meditating, bringing peace and love on earth.

Each one has strengths and weaknesses, if some weakness is hindering your spiritual growth, then other members who are strong in the area in which you are week, their vibrations will lift you. Only advanced meditator prefer to sit alone, as they have developed most of qualities and they may feel their energies more drained as they are more of giving then receiving, as they are strong enough to meditate alone.

Afterall it's individual process, but it's the best approach to meditate in groups and be active in foundation.

You can discuss your experiences with fellows Kriya Yoya members, read common books written by same master. This will help clear doubts from meditation and book reading. One thing or verse can be interpreted in many ways. wouldn't it be better if you get answer from 'like minded' people reading same book AND following same path AND same lineage i.e. same Guru Paramhansa Hariharananda.

Here if you ask a question, then different people will give you different answers, as they are all practicing different paths. Again, no one knows your nature and your life style, what you do for living i.e. your profession, family background, etc, etc,. These things has to be considered before giving any answer.

But if you constantly interact face-2-face and make good friends (not girl friends ) than you can definitely share everything with them and since they are following same path, you will get better answers that suit you. You can also interact with advanced meditators when they are on a trip to your locality

It's just like you are a part of a classroom and fellow members are also learning from same text book, like in school, same syllabus, same teacher, some goods friends, some intelligent colleagues helping other students, i.e. more experienced helping new ones.

Hope you keep up the tempo, the enthusiasm and you keep burning your spiritual quest.

Good luck for your spiritual journey.

OM Namah Shivaya

Oh ... did you notice, Mahaavatar Babaji also has great reverence of Mahadev. I have read in a website dedicated to him, quoting him that mantra 'OM Namah Shivaya' is more powerful than an Atom Bomb !!!

Har Har Mahadev

Aum

IS
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste.

You are right, everything is as you said. There was a lot of bonding done today. We have weekly meditation twice a week, the auntie's usually provide food from what I understand. Today there was a buffet of Indian vegetarian cuisine, very delicious.

Many of us have become fast friends, two of those (one a Sri Lankan man and another an American) And I hit it off so well we were discussing knowing each other in past life.

I did notice about Sri Babaji, there is a reason for that which I'm sure you know.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Vasa; 29 July 2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    Namaste.

You are right, everything is as you said. There was a lot of bonding done today. We have weekly meditation twice a week, the auntie's usually provide food from what I understand. Today there was a buffet of Indian vegetarian cuisine, very delicious.

Many of us have become fast friends, two of those (one a Sri Lankan man and another an American) And I hit it off so well we were discussing knowing each other in past life.

I did notice about Sri Babaji, there is a reason for that which I'm sure you know.

Pranam.
    Namaste,

Happy to hear this.

Pranam.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thread Information