Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kriya Yoga Institute

Re: Kriya Yoga Institute

Namaste everyone,

IS thank you very much for info. That is kind of information/perspective I am seeking.

EM, I in no way took your comment as Gurubashing, my response as such was to TwilightDance who brought that term into discussion. I appreciate his response too but I just wanted to know if it was experiential or assumed. I realize that, especially in USA, spirituality is a hot commodity because the choices we have had this far are not satisfying to true seekers. I am wary of fake Godmen who will waste my time and money obviously. That is why I posed this question to you my friends, humbly.

Thanks everyone for replies! If anyone else has contribution please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Vasa: I have no intention of guru bashing. I hope my earlier post didn't come across that way. Each person here is considered adult, and able to make their own decisions. It is a free country after all. (For younger explorers, my , or other peoples' comments may be harsher, as it is more of a warning, based on legitimate concerns, and love for that young seeker. I just don't want to see anyone duped, especially if I didn't send up some kind of signal.

But I think it is relevant to point out on a Hindu Forum that certain teachers and later organizations are some sort of amalgamation of East-West teachings, and may or may not be strictly Hindu, not just from the observer's views, but also from their own literature, or definition. If you ask directly, "Are you Hindu?" you will most likely get an indirect response. The term Hindu is often not found at all. I understand how this may be a stepping stone for some, a sort of stone in the stream between. If that is the case, then so be it. If syncretism works for you, then by all means go for it. Just please don't refer to it as traditional Hinduism.

The whole subject of initiation is, as I mentioned before, shall we say ... of a different approach.

I'm a bhaktar, was introduced to Lord Ganesha many years ago, and if He's not around somewhere, then it really won't work for me, but this is just my own personal POV.

Best wishes on a clear decision.

Aum Namasivaya
    Vannakkam EM

The beauty if Indian teachings is that the questioner is free to ask anything. There is no 'the one way' that everyone ought to follow.

Views are expressed by respected members. they are not orders

So it's not a problem for me.

Regarding costly spiritual discourses, it will cover a sect or a class of devotees. After one is matured, these things does not matter.

So I stress, pray to God and not to any human being.

Afterall, this is Kalyuga. Shri Krishna had said, that the knowledge and Yog is getting destroyed. So such things with a tinge of commercialization will take place.

On a second note, if you ask a question to yourself. If an Ideal Guru (as per one's guage) exists, do you deserve to stand in front of him?

I asked this question to myself, and the answer came, NO

So even saints are not 100 % perfect. Grasp the good, and leave things which you do not like. It's upto us.

Again, a very vairagi saint, will never ever create a huge foundation.

earlier, kings would leave their palace and retire in forests in huts, in refuge of a saint,

today, saints live caves and settle in Cities building palaces like ashrams.

this is the effect of Kali Yuga.

So if the purpose is spreading, then you will have to create a team and then ask for donations. then give importance to the trustees by offering them first row in discourses and even invite them to give an intro speech.

... and the honest and sincere disciple may get last row.

But, when Tatva Jnana is concerned, which transforms the life of disciple, then that neglected disciple will be the first one to get and not the millionaire trustee.

Even if one receives Jnana, one cannot digest it. So the life does not change. Days just keep passing by. He/she will only feel happy, but not transformed. It's all temporary. They have to be given importance, as trustees are mostly Rajas Gunis, and Rajas Guna demands respect and glory, name and fame, unlike sattva guni person, who is either not interested in spreading and leave it to God or may want to work from behind the curtains.

So there is no 100 % purity. No ashram is pure. Not all funds donated to ashrams and temples all go for good purpose. this is going to happen, as person managing ashrams are all samsaris / grahastis, many having a business mind.

If we think in this way then it is very difficult to even donate any money. So best is to find an ashram is doing some good work. So not all but most part will be utilized and forget it. 100 % purity is not possible.

Such vairagis are not much active and they do not care about anything. They do not accept donations, and so they do not dance to donor's tunes, and hell care about anything.

My uncle met such a saint. One person wanted stressing him to take dakshina (money). He replied, 'throw them in that dustbin. that guy was offering Rs. 10,000/- )

He was living in Himalayas. When he is sick he never goes to any doctor or hospital. Many saints have not seen hospitals. They depend upon God and only God. They starve for a week, and live on water, but never request to any one to give bread or even tea.

But such persons are rare and obviously they do not want to spread anything.

If one has to spread, then according to the mindset of people, you have to adopt a lifestyle and live in a way similar to the ones living around you.

So please do not look for 100 % purity, as the same time, inquire about the Guru and his (so-called) inner circle. Then select the best possible option available. There is no need to be active in all activities, that are organized.

Keep praying to God to increase bhakti and surrender and pray to Show you the way. I even prayed to teach me how to meditate. I had never chanted any mantra in my life. So I needed a direction.

these demands are fulfilled by God very soon than normal wishes like 'give me money'

As EM has said, it's just my (personal) approach and thinking. Feel free not to accept it, but be at peace

Aum
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    Namaste everyone,

IS thank you very much for info. That is kind of information/perspective I am seeking.

EM, I in no way took your comment as Gurubashing, my response as such was to TwilightDance who brought that term into discussion. I appreciate his response too but I just wanted to know if it was experiential or assumed. I realize that, especially in USA, spirituality is a hot commodity because the choices we have had this far are not satisfying to true seekers. I am wary of fake Godmen who will waste my time and money obviously. That is why I posed this question to you my friends, humbly.

Thanks everyone for replies! If anyone else has contribution please advise.
    Namaste Vasa,

What you say is true. There are many fake Godmen.

One way is to ask them or their volunteers to trace their lineage.

I humbly request you to please read by reply to EM

I hope it's helpful to you.

Do not worry too much, go for the best option

Have faith in God. Depend upon him and be ready to change the path or to follow it. i.e. be neutral, take it as it comes.

I was initiated in Pranic healing. the had courses in 5 star hotel, which my mom did not liked. I kept praying to God to show me a way. the yare not following traditional Indian teaching.

One day, I was selected for advanced course in which there was 40 % rejection i.e. 40 % applications were rejected, depending upon their spiritual growth.

Master conducting the course of higher level meditation, said to me, when a disciple is matured he is handed to his real Guru.

These words are permanently impregnated in my heart

'Nobody can change the divine plan and those who know, never try to do so'

He added, doors of Pranic Healing are always open. There are many souls seeking. They can leave and come back. He was referring to a lady, who she did Reiki. So it is not that once you leave the foundation, then you re kicked off. You are most welcomed at anytime.

Now, I follow advaita.

So do not worry, if the path does not suit you, God will change it. It's not difficult for God. Why? because he is GOD

Aum

IS

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

Namaste.

I have read it, and enjoyed it. I will meditate upon what you have said. In America it is common practice to disregard anyone's opinion if they are not "perfect" as if their making a mistake discredits their message. I try to see the good in all instead of focusing on the bad. This is the meaning I gather from your words as well.

I thanks yourself and EM for taking the time to help me. Surely Shiva has sent me to this message board to learn from sincere seekers!

I will take these words of yours to heart.

Namaste.

I have read it, and enjoyed it. I will meditate upon what you have said. In America it is common practice to disregard anyone's opinion if they are not "perfect" as if their making a mistake discredits their message. I try to see the good in all instead of focusing on the bad. This is the meaning I gather from your words as well.

I thanks yourself and EM for taking the time to help me. Surely Shiva has sent me to this message board to learn from sincere seekers!

I will take these words of yours to heart.
    I am humbled. Thanks.

But you do not need to thank me. Thank Lord Shiva, as without his grace, even noblest words cannot be digested. I am just a humble medium, like a postman. DO you thank postman for any good or bad news be brings?

You directly communicate with the message sender. So why not thank Lord Shiv.

So if I do not give you solution, Shiv will give you knowledge through someone else. I am dependent on Shiv, Shiv is not dependent upon me

If I am being selected as an instrument, I am very lucky. God's grace is upon me.

---

When perfection is not possible, go for best possible option. I always try to be positive in life.

---

Pleasure talking to you adn happy that I am of any use to somebody

Aum

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality View Post
    I am humbled. Thanks.

But you do not need to thank me. Thank Lord Shiva, as without his grace, even noblest words cannot be digested. I am just a humble medium, like a postman. DO you thank postman for any good or bad news be brings?

You directly communicate with the message sender. So why not thank Lord Shiv.

So if I do not give you solution, Shiv will give you knowledge through someone else. I am dependent on Shiv, Shiv is not dependent upon me

If I am being selected as an instrument, I am very lucky. God's grace is upon me.

---

When perfection is not possible, go for best possible option. I always try to be positive in life.

---

Pleasure talking to you adn happy that I am of any use to somebody

Aum
    Lol, actually I do thank the postman. I recognize Shiva in the postman as mich as in anyone else. I don't think he minds if I spread the thanks around. . I understand what you are saying though, and I hope with Shiva's blessing to one day control my ego much better as you seem to. We Americans are not educated to surrender and at first it was very hard, however with many good examples from friends on this message board it is becoming easier.

Lol, actually I do thank the postman. I recognize Shiva in the postman as mich as in anyone else. I don't think he minds if I spread the thanks around. . I understand what you are saying though, and I hope with Shiva's blessing to one day control my ego much better as you seem to. We Americans are not educated to surrender and at first it was very hard, however with many good examples from friends on this message board it is becoming easier.
    Rome was not build in a day. It takes time to change your mind

Generally, Americans or western world is action oriented. So they are more practical. East is knowledge oriented.

It's the difference in culture and approach that makes things which are obvious to east, difficult to digest by westerners,

You people like to have scientific explanation. So Yog is also getting popular. We simply trust what saints say and do not need scientific approval before we accept things. Due to western influence, learned people in India are also following western trend, considering many traditional things are orthodox and too old fashioned

anyways, Good luck for your spiritual journey.

Aum

Namaste.

Initiation will begin in about 15 minutes. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited. There is definitely an energy permeating the area.

I prayed to Lord Ganesha to grant me a successful beginning to my Kriya practice. I think He heard me.

Pranam.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Namaste,

I hope you must have a wonderful session of Kriya.

I am putting another info of a Kriya Yoga by Swami Gnan for other members. They run free weekly classes. Their objective is to teach Kriya Yoga Free.

http://www.kyob.org/#!classes

Youtube: How I met Babaji

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality View Post
    Namaste,

I hope you must have a wonderful session of Kriya.

I am putting another info of a Kriya Yoga by Swami Gnan for other members. They run free weekly classes. Their objective is to teach Kriya Yoga Free.

http://www.kyob.org/#!classes

Youtube: How I met Babaji
    Namaste.

It was AMAZING, thank you. . The Swamiji and Yogacharya were very thorough and worked with each person until they understood each step. The people who run the center and offer the weekly meditations are very nice and welcoming. I made some new Indian friends as well as some new Westwrn friends. The vibe is awesome too.

I saw something but I dont know if it was hallucination or not, I will wait until I clearly see it again to conclude. Either way, after the day and practice session I was energized and found it difficult to think about anything, my thoughts had slowed down drastically and I was in a very peaceful state for a couple of hours after.

I'm headed back up there soon for day 2 of practice, and then there are biweekly group meditations for continuing development.

ISji, thanks for recommending this one. If I had gone to Gurunath I would not have met such wonderful new friends. The donation required for this initiation is a pittance considering there are free biweekly sessions, I have unrestricted use of the center for private meditation (they actually already offered to give me the combination for door lock!) provided the center is not being used for sOmething else. Also, a couple of people had already taken initiation last year, and asked if they needed to reinstate, and were told they were welcome to but there was no "expiration date" and it wasn't necessary. That sold me right there, I'm sure many of the so-called gurus would be happy to take the money and say "oh yes, we need to reawaken the energy" or something. I'm glad these people are legit, and the bonus is that most of them also attend the local temple, and I've been invited to go. I think this will alleviate some of the fears I've seen many people express as far as going to temple for the first time.

All in all, Mahadev guided me here!

Pranam.
    Last edited by Vasa; 29 July 2012 at 07:42 AM.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Thread Information