Thread: Living & non-living

Living & non-living

So as the schools reopen after summer vacations,I see children taking holiday-homework projects & charts to school.So I recall when I was in class 1 I too made chart in living & non living things,animals trees,human being one side & stone chair table etc on otherside.

Now when I was in thinkining the vedant way(not the macaulay education way)
    It occured to me that nothing is non living as a matter if fact, question arises how?Ishwar or god is chaitanya roop i.e god is conscious.& being conscious is the sign of being living.

So in the nonliving objects(jad जड़ in yogic terms) like stone for exmple parmatma is in घन सुषुप्ति ghana sushupti( deep sleep).We have any instances where that Infinite takes a form & comes out of stone statues,notably namdev,ramkrishna paramhansa,& many more who have succeded in making the god appear from jad जड़ objects.

Now coming to trees & plants the god is in ,what the yogic term is क्षीण सुषुप्ति kshiin sushupti(reduce/lessened consciousness) जैसे किसी की सात्विक निद्रा है और निद्रा का समय पूरा हो गया फिर भी लेटा है तो इधर उधर की हलकी फुलकी आवाज़ कानो में पड़ती है तो सुषुप्ति तो है लेकिन टूटी हुई नींद है ऐसे ही पेड़ पौधे क्षीण सुषुप्त अवस्था में जी रहे है.

It is only a human which has a capacity to fully develop the conscious within him/her & attain the stage of Self Realiization.
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Re: Living & non-living

Namaste,

ParamAtmA is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dhyandev View Post
    Ishwar or god is chaitanya roop i.e god is conscious.& being conscious is the sign of being living.

So in the nonliving objects(jad जड़ in yogic terms) like stone for exmple parmatma is in घन सुषुप्ति ghana sushupti( deep sleep).We have any instances where that Infinite takes a form & comes out of stone statues,notably namdev,ramkrishna paramhansa,& many more who have succeded in making the god appear from jad जड़ objects.
    I would add TukArAm and JanAbAi to that list.

In case of mUrtis in temples however, they are installed (sthApanna) only after prAN-prathishThA has been properly performed. This is a ritual a priest conducts to request the Lord to come and reside in the mUrti, and grace all people. So here, we cannot say this is a good example of minimal consciousness in shushupti in a stone and the infinite BhagvAn 'takes form'.
    Although He can do that as well, He is free to do what He wants - e.g. NRsiMhaDev

We say that the Lord is always present in the mUrti in the temple as a special case, not like He pervades gross matter via His energy in any arbitrary stone.

I just think these are 2 different cases. That is all.

About the plants, yes, they have an extremely low desire to answer back or fight, and they are quite indifferent otherwise, but they are paropkAri.
    I have a light-pink rose tree that i feel reciprocates according to your bhAv.

DAmodar - KRshNa whom maa Yashoda tied to a mortar with a rope (dAma = rope, udar = stomach) - delivered the two yamala trees in Nanda Maharaj's garden - He was barely a toddler.

Who were these trees? They were the two sons of Kuber who were disrespectful to nArad muni in their celestial abode. Now, DAmodar (KRshNa) Himself liberated them and not only sent them back, but they developed pure devotion to KRshNa in the process.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya
    Last edited by smaranam; 22 July 2012 at 06:21 AM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by dhyandev View Post
    It is only a human which has a capacity to fully develop the conscious within him/her & attain the stage of Self Realiization.
    I only mention the following because we are in the uttara folder and it is held to a higher standard.

I would re-consider the word attainment. Let me explain. If I do not have a car or a home I can attain one. Yet Self-realization is not attained but of the nature of realization, re-membering who one is. To one looking outside, it looks like something was attained, yet to someone looking from within , it is all about remembering who one really is, and coming back home.

Yet the wisdom of the ages give us this fact: The Self realizes itSelf by itSelf. Then one is left with the contempation of who really is doing the realization ?

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

I would add TukArAm and JanAbAi to that list.
    thanx for adding.

I would re-consider the word attainment
    spiritaulity or expressing adhyatmik states in english is tough.thanx for pointing out
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

The famous strory of Narasimha is a pointer to this. Again Ahalya in Ramayana is a pointer to this.

There have been enough stories to point out that consciousness is through everything - nothing is outside.

The ability to sense and react is not there. If my 5 senses are taken out one by one. I will also reach almost there. Take the action organs out. I am there.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Thread Information