Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Books

Re: Books

Namaste IcySFX
    I have had very good luck with purchases of Puranas from Amazon, including rare and hard to find editions. So you will have no problem there (Shiva Purana for example).

But for some relaxing and rewarding, as well as conduitive to meditation, please consider purchasing some books about great Saints, Yogis, Savants and mystics. Recently due my existing interest in Trailingaswami, I found and recieved a book I purchased from Amazon "The Walking Shiva of Varanasi" and it is a treasure because literature on Trailinga (sometimes called Tralanga Swami) is very difficult to find as his disciples are mostly ascetic. He lived for 150 years in Kashi.

Whenever I feel I want some extra sweetness to my already happy life, I turn to the Ramayana. Do not forget this thinking you only have time for Veda. Valmiki's is wonderful, but there are many reveled Ramayanas, wonderful. Please consider.

Also, one other idea, I know you have a lot of wonderful suggestions and so much to read and enjoy and learn from ... but also look to the amazing and mystically powerful literature and saints of Telegu, Tamil, and so on.

Saiva Siddhanta Church in Kauai has some wonderful introductory works on Hinduism as well, I am sure you will fiind them on Amazon, but search the internet for their website to find titles.

I know Easter Mind will have wonderful suggestions regardind literature of the Saiva Saints.

Today I think of Valli, the Beloved of Muruga.

Re: Books

Icy I got too excited! I mean Linga Purana. I guess I have Shiva on my lips and sound! sorry...

Don't forget Ramayana! Do forget literature on Saints! And again, Saiva Siddanta in Kauia has WONDERFUL introductory works.

Thread Information