Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what about Maa Kâli ?

Re: what about Maa Kâli ?

posting appeared double deleted
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 22 July 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Jainarayan is offline ॠनमो भगवते वासà¥à¤¦à¥‡à¤µà¤¾à ¤¯

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti29 View Post
    Completely insulting. You are a Vaishnava. Obviously you will find Vishnu and his various avatars more pleasing to the eye and approachable but how can you insult that which you do not understand?
    Do you think we are mindless devotees only seeking shelter from a Goddess that looks ferocious?
    We lack understanding?
    Your reply really says more about you than anything.
    We are not all Vaishanavas. We are not all of the same nature and temperament. We do not see the world through the same lens.
    I'm sorry you are insulted, but it's your right. I don't think there is anything insulting or disrespectful in being a Vaishnava and honoring and praying to Maa Kali. Maa Kali appeared from Maa Durga, whom even Sri Krishna told Arjuna to pray to. Moreover, Maa Durga took birth as Sri Krishna's sister.

I was responding to this, and only this, and I did say it was my view:
    These different attitudes or moods do not reveal to us the true nature of the deity but they solely relate to the mind of the devotee.
    I think you should grow up and think before you start jumping on people. Sheesh!
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

What I've learned here is that Vaishnavas are not allowed to make analogies or comment on bear cubs, because the bear cubs which frequent this forum apparently find it insulting.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    What I've learned here is that Vaishnavas are not allowed to make analogies or comment on bear cubs, because the bear cubs which frequent this forum apparently find it insulting.
    Indeed my >1400 posts, 49000 rep points, and >1 year membership says so much about me compared to a join date of April 2012, age 22, 36 posts and 2500 rep points.

Now I'll bow out of the conversation, because a Vaishnava cannot possibly see unlimited aspects and forms in God.

Thumbs Down Re: what about Maa Kâli ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jainarayan View Post
    I'm sorry you are insulted, but it's your right. I don't think there is anything insulting or disrespectful in being a Vaishnava and honoring and praying to Maa Kali. Maa Kali appeared from Maa Durga, whom even Sri Krishna told Arjuna to pray to. Moreover, Maa Durga took birth as Sri Krishna's sister.

I was responding to this, and only this, and I did say it was my view:

I think you should grow up and think before you start jumping on people. Sheesh!
    The issue was not regarding you being a Vaishnava and praying to Kali. You do not understand but tell me to grow up. I am only 22 yet for your 55 years on this earth you make no allowance for the headstrong youth but merely insult them. Isn't it the nature of the young people to thing they know it all?

Thumbs Down Re: what about Maa Kâli ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jainarayan View Post
    Indeed my >1400 posts, 49000 rep points, and >1 year membership says so much about me compared to a join date of April 2012, age 22, 36 posts and 2500 rep points.

Now I'll bow out of the conversation, because a Vaishnava cannot possibly see unlimited aspects and forms in God.
    I did not realise this forum was driven only by reputation points, the number of posts and the length of ones membership. Substance is not required. Why not just close the forum to new members and set an age requirement? I should probably leave this forum is my views are disregarded based some reputation points and etc.

Vanakkam,

Please, don't fight, it's misunderstanding D: I al sorry if I said something wrong or ambiguous, it wasn't my intention. ..I posted on shakta because I though shakta would know better, but everone's opinion is welcomed....
    Sorry really

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti29 View Post
    You do not understand
    Please enlighten me.

I am only 22 yet for your 55 years on this earth you make no allowance for the headstrong youth but merely insult them. Isn't it the nature of the young people to thing they know it all?
    Insult? No, underscoring your own words: "Isn't it the nature of the young people to thing they know it all?"

You went on the offensive, which is all too common. You will learn that you do not know it all. None of us do.

Shubhamastu; sudinamastu.

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    Vanakkam,

Please, don't fight, it's misunderstanding D: I al sorry if I said something wrong or ambiguous, it wasn't my intention. ..I posted on shakta because I though shakta would know better, but everone's opinion is welcomed....
    Sorry really

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Namaste.

You did nothing wrong. You had a question, you asked it, there is no harm done.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
    Vanakkam,

Sorry really

Aum Namah Shivaya
    No fighting, except for a 5 mm kidney stone which is making me less tolerant of comments like the one attacking my beliefs; I wasn't going to let an attack on my opinions go unchallenged.

You said nothing wrong, so no worries. In many of these threads there is always someone who has to go on the offensive, even for opinion and p.o.v. It's sad, especially in a religion that is rightly proud of its heritage of diversity and tolerance of beliefs and sects, and peace.

Thread Information