Thread: Khecarī mudrā

Khecarī mudrā

Namaste.

This is a subject I find quite fascinating. Can any of our beloved HDF posters shed some light on this practice? I confess I do not know much, I have seen a couple of youtube videos and a few opinion essays. From what I understand, somehow this mudra stimulates the production of amrit from the brain or the pineal gland, is this correct?

I have heard some people claim that cutting the little strip of muscle that holds the tongue to the base of the mouth is a good idea, and others saying that this is a bad idea and that when one reaches the advanced stage of Kriya that precedes this mudra the tongue will have separated naturally. What do our HDF scholars have to say about this?

Thanks in advance for any insight into this practice.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Re: Khecarī mudrā

well
    khechari mudra is used for levitating or flying.u need to siddha it.that is all i know about it.
    dont divert the energy u get from yog to powers but to inner peace
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Quote Originally Posted by dhyandev View Post
    well
    khechari mudra is used for levitating or flying.u need to siddha it.that is all i know about it.
    dont divert the energy u get from yog to powers but to inner peace
    Namaste Dhyandevji,

Thank you for that input. I have heard many times that siddhis are just obstacles in the form of miracles. I believe that Sri Vivekananda came to Sri Ramakrishna saying he had begun to develOp clairvoyance, and Ramakrishna's response was something along the lines of "let it leave you! Stop your sadhana for awhile until it goes away."

I guess Siddhis are a way for Lord Shiva to test a devotee to ascertain his true readiness for enlightenment. To me there isn't much use in ridding oneself of attachments only to get attached to siddhis. The fact that is must be extremely difficult not to get attached to them if they develop shows a strength of character in one who pays them no mind.

I can only hope that Shiva one day sees fit to give me such strength, in whatever lifetime it is needed. It would be easy to say "oh I wouldn't get attached to them or use them for personal gain" but I think in practice it would be extremely difficult. I suppose that is why few people reach enlightenment.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

hari
    o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    Namaste.
    Can any of our beloved HDF posters shed some light on this practice?.
    Regarding khecarī mudrā... this complete string will take you though the logic as it culminates with khecarī mudrā as you get to post 33.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...?t=9442&page=4

It is not about flying as such, as you may think... yet there is an equalivant state of Being within khecarī mudrā. The string will walk you step-by-step for its understanding.

Note too that it is in the uttara folder, so it is a bit of advanced thinking. If you stub your toe along the way, please bring questions forward.

praām

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

hari
    o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Regarding khecarī mudrā... this complete string will take you though the logic as it culminates with khecarī mudrā as you get to post 33.
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...?t=9442&page=4

It is not about flying as such, as you may think... yet there is an equalivant state of Being within khecarī mudrā. The string will walk you step-by-step for its understanding.

Note too that it is in the uttara folder, so it is a bit of advanced thinking. If you stub your toe along the way, please bring questions forward.

praām
    Namaste Yajvanji,

Truth be told I had read the first page of this thread, and was distracted and did not return to it. I am reading it in it's entirety now.

Paramji was not kidding when earlier he referred to you as "Yajvanacharya"! Thanks for the link, the thread, the insight, and your willingness to always share your wonderful knowledge.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    Paramji was not kidding when earlier he referred to you as "Yajvanacharya"! Thanks for the link, the thread, the insight, and your willingness to always share your wonderful knowledge.
    Thank you for your kind words. All the appreciation must be directed to the tradition, the wise who have past this wisdom down from one generation to the next. My appreciation too must go to these great and wise śāstrī who can talk first hand ( from direct personal experience) of the truth, the right, the vast called satyam ṛtam bṛhat.
    My greatest appreciation goes to my teachers and the lineage, for I am just the śiṣya.

praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 23 July 2012 at 07:15 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

_/\_
    I would like to add more that KM is also used by yogis who survive only by drinking air.
    I can only hope that Shiva one day sees fit to give me such strength, in whatever lifetime it is needed. It would be easy to say "oh I wouldn't get attached to them or use them for personal gain" but I think in practice it would be extremely difficult. I suppose that is why few people reach enlightenment.
    Remember stories where rishi -munis when doing tapasya ,they are distracted by Indra by sending apsaras?
    Well the sadhak is the rishi & his senses(indriyas) is Indra.They try to distract the sadhak from his path of enlightenment,
    पीत्वा ब्रह्मरसं योगिनो भूत्वा उन्मतः।
    इन्द्रोऽपि रंकवत् भासयेत् अन्यस्य का वार्ता॥

{yogi drink the brahmras and are intoxicated by it,consider even Indra as beggar then what to say of others?}

There are 3 stages in sadhna
    stage 1) when u start people say all sorts of things to you to distract you from your sadhna path.

stage 2)If you are steadfast & donot runaway and donot give a damn to what people say then,various spiritual capabilities(siddhis) start coming to you
    like knowledge of what is going to happen in future,Vaksiddhi(yours sayings come true),give child to childless ,money to moneyless,job to jobless etc etc

stage 3)If you are are not distracted by all this limelight & being worshipped
    You become ready for atmasakshtkar/enlightenment
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Thread Information