Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kalki avatara and Dharma

Re: Kalki avatara and Dharma

I hope Kalki is some kind of a bad-ass cyborg. You know, like the yantra-manava description says (even though I could not confirm the validity of this).

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste,

True. Thanks for the timely BG quotes.
    Jai Shri KRshNa
    Always my pleasure to help.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    I hope Kalki is some kind of a bad-ass cyborg. You know, like the yantra-manava description says (even though I could not confirm the validity of this).
    What nonsense is this ? Do you mean to point at the rumors about Kalki or Bhagvan Kalki Himself?
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

People eating meat?
    Bhagavan will have much larger problems on his hands.The prophecies say that by the time Lord Kalki is born, religion itself will be subject to state persecution and lord kalki will be born to a family of theists exiled in the wilderness.

I too have heard in many places that lork kalki will be a yantra manava or a machine-man(perhaps a cyborg?) but have not been able to find such a quote in the puranas.But english translations of all of them are not available to me.

Vanakkam,

He is joking, there's no offense, just take it easy ^^

Thank you for your opinions, I am intrigued by what aspirantji said, but it makes sense in a way !
    I understand Wondermonk too, thank you for th light you bring in your post. It's a cultural, historical and traditionnal Hindu debate for hindu, and I have nothing to say or to do because it's not a part of my culture but...I don't feel comfortable being involved forcefully in a bad way by some, I kind of never ask for this. ..

Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~Aum Namah Shivaya~

Every avatar from each age beared the main characteristics of that particular age. An avatar of the age of Aquarius will be something quite revolutionary, I'm sure. So the holy incarnating in man's creation through the intellect, specially technology, that comes from man's yearning for connectedness to the world, is a possibility. So what's this yantra-manava... Rumor or a possibility?

Every avatar from each age beared the main characteristics of that particular age. An avatar of the age of Aquarius will be something quite revolutionary, I'm sure. So the holy incarnating in man's creation through the intellect, specially technology, that comes from man's yearning for connectedness to the world, is a possibility. So what's this yantra-manava... Rumor or a possibility?
    No, this is not the correct way to look at this.

Yantra, internet, technological inventions, Cyber-evolution and phenomena - both good and bad, are certainly a manifestation of the Lord's energy. They can be His means and medium for that yuga, and work towards the cyclical end and restart. Just as floods and solar flares can be phenomena that contribute to the yuga-cycle maintenance.

So, although BhavAn's energy is BhagavAn and manifests in various forms, BhagavAn the Person is seperate. There will be a Kalki, He need not be a metaphor or just His energy manifestation in the form of technology.

What i am saying is, yes, all that technology is doing and the way it is being used (including the terrorists' misuse of cyberspace), is the Supreme Lord VishNu's energy, but He is the energetic, the Purushottam, BhagavAn behind it, and He will come.

BG 4.7 yadāyadāhidharmasya
    glānir bhavatibhārata
    abhyutthānamadharmasya
    tadātmānaḿ sṛjāmy aham
    Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion at that time I descend Myself.

BG 4.8 paritrāṇāyasādhūnāḿ
    vināśāyacaduṣkṛtām
    dharma-saḿsthāpanārthāya
    sambhavāmiyugeyuge
    To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to re-establish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium.

He says sRjAmyaham. And sambhavAmi yuge yuge. That is His promise. And what for?
    1. paritrANAya sadhunAm
    2. vinAshAya dushkRtAm
    3. dharma-saMsthApanArthAya

Who looks forward to His arrival in Person? The devotees. That is His additional internal reason to arrive.

shri kRshNa govinda hare murAre
    he nAtha nArAyaNa vAsudeva~

P.S.
    BG 4.5: The Personality of Godhead said: Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!

BG 4.6:
    ajo 'pi sann avyayātmā
    bhūtānām īśvaro 'pi san
    prakṛtiḿ svām adhiṣṭhāya
    sambhavāmy ātma-māyayā
    Although I am unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Lord of all living entities, I still appear in every millennium in My original transcendental form.

He says Atma-mAyayA : through My own internal energy, NOT TO BE EQUATED WITH THE EXTERNAL ENERGY

Last edited by smaranam; 25 July 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: saMsthApanArthAya - spelling

8. Re: Kalki avatara and Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by McKitty View Post

So, reading some posts from here and that, I came to a question. In fact I don't know what it is...Is it doubt ? Or just many questions ? Anyway I wanted to have some other people's opinion.
    People's opinion is personal, with your own opinion. But God's opinion is the true opinion.

Why ? I'm not looking for a straight answer. I don't even know if a straight answer even exist, as Ego based opinions can be involved. I respect everyone in this forum, I don't have any issues with anyone, nor I have any judgement based on anything like birth, practice, sect or else. But I know that my Ego make me have opinions that only involve myself, and I am sorry for that. I know that others have it too, and I really hope this topic will not be a battlefield of ego, this is not my intention.
    One earns respect due to wealth, company, age, actions and knowledge in increasing order. (Manu Samriti 2.136)
    There is no place for ego. Lust, Anger, Greed, Desires, and Ego are five enemies of spiritual intelligence.

So, I was wondering, seeing all those battlefields...
    forward we go

Sri Kalki is yet to come to restore Dharma and destroy Adharmic people. In the general views apparently many people think this as litteral, in the term of slaughtering Adharma to restore Dharma and dawn a new era for mankind.
    Kalki is yet to come to restore DhaRMa and destroy aDhaRMa

But here, in 2012, what is Dharma ?
    DhaRMa is the purity of deeds.

Does that mean that every non born hindu is an Adharmi ?
    A Hindu can also be aDhaRMi.

Every westerner will be slayed ?
    No, kalki will save good from bad, his birth place is not known and many scholars think he will take birth in West. (Some think North, some think, East and some think South) But Kalki is not regional.

Every people not following sanatana Dharma will be an Adharmi ?
    Muslims and Christians think only Islam and Christianity is the way, this is not similar in sanatana Dharma. Individual action will make paap and punya.
    Every people that does not have caste will die ?
    Individual action and not birth from womb will decide

Every people that didn't read Scriptures is an Adharmi ?
    Even supporting mispresented translations is Adharma.

Every westerner Bhakta practice, learn and believe in vain ?
    No, Kalki is lord’s form with a duty to abolish evil and protect the rightness.
    yadA yadA hi dharmasya glAnir bhavathi bhArata
    abhyuthAnam adharmasya tadAtmAnam srijAmyaham (BG-4.7)

Someone singing Bhajan, practicing Sadhana daily, reading scriptures, being a sincere Bhakta to his Lord/Maa...Will this person be considered as an Adharmic one because he/she is born westerner and eat meat once a week ?
    ॐ has created different types of food for all, hence nobody needs to eat somebody else’s father, mother, brother, sister, children etc.

Breehimattam yavamattamatho maashamatho tilam
    Esha vaam bhaago nihito ratnadheyaaya dantau maa hinsishtam pitaram maataram cha (Atharvaveda 6.140.2)

And...If someone that is muslim, but a good muslim ? For exemple, that live in society with his faith, he do prayers, read muslim scriptures, is a good wife/husband, does not follow and consider the crazy laws of extremists...Will this person be slayed because he is a muslim, even if he/she lead a honest life ?
    Pure bhakti will make a Bhakta to give up meat as volunteer. Kalki is not partial.
    PS. There is hardly any good thing in Muslim Scripture, all I find is sex + violence for achieving the higher goal.

Please, understand that this is sincere though from my heart. I do not this with the intend of raising members/beliefs/sects against others, or to provoke a flame or mass trolling. I am talking with true sincerity, and not trying to make a view prevail on another. I rely my opinion only in the lotus feets of my Lord Mahadeva, but I would like to know yours, if it does not annoy you too much.

Thank you very much

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Jai bhole Shankar
    Only DhaRMik action make an individual great, honourable and respectful. (Samveda 507)

Strictly unacceptable.

May we never speak listen or think anything that is against dignity of the deities. (Samaveda - 610)
    Last edited by PARAM; 25 July 2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: edit
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

BG 4.7 yadāyadāhidharmasya
    glānir bhavatibhārata
    abhyutthānamadharmasya
    tadātmānaḿ sṛjāmy aham
    Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion — at that time I descend Myself.

BG 4.8 paritrāṇāyasādhūnāḿ
    vināśāyacaduṣkṛtām
    dharma-saḿsthāpanārthāya
    sambhavāmiyugeyuge
    To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to re-establish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium.
    Namaste,

Above is translation by A.C. Bhaktivedanta PrabhupAd. He translates dharma here as religion, for a reason. One should not interpret the word 'religion' as something rigid.

Dharma is defined in many ways, and PrabhupAd has also explained that in each context.

1. dharma = natural constitutional position of the soul
    2. dharma = occupational duty of the soul - not that of the body = alignment with paramAtmA, jaiva-dharma (dharma of the jIva)
    3. specialized cases e.g. bhAgvat-dharma, kshatriya-dharma, mAtru-dharma (dharma of the mother), pitru-dharma, putra-dharma...

When we are on the material platform, there are different types of religions- Hinduism, Christianity, Mohammedanism, Buddhism, and so on. These are instituted for a particular time, a particular country or a particular person. Consequently there are differences. Christian principles are different from Hindu principles, and Hindu principles are different from Mohammedan and Buddhist principles. These may be considered on the material platform, but when we come to the platform of transcendental devotional service, there are no such considerations. The transcendental service of the Lord is above these principles. The world is anxious for religious unity, and that common platform can be achieved in transcendental devotional service. This is the verdict of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. (CC Madhya 25.121P).

And this in turn can help one reflect on what religion is, or definition of religion. If it is taken as connection to the Divine or God, or Yog it all makes sense and we will not come up with man-made boundaries for it.

Just thought that clarification was needed.

praNAm
    Last edited by smaranam; 25 July 2012 at 11:50 PM.

10. Re: Kalki avatara and Dharma

Namaste,

Above is translation by A.C. Bhaktivedanta PrabhupAd. He translates dharma here as religion, for a reason. One should not interpret the word 'religion' as something rigid.

Dharma is defined in many ways, and PrabhupAd has also explained that in each context.

1. dharma = natural constitutional position of the soul
    2. dharma = occupational duty of the soul - not that of the body = alignment with paramAtmA, jaiva-dharma (dharma of the jIva)
    3. specialized cases e.g. bhAgvat-dharma, kshatriya-dharma, mAtru-dharma (dharma of the mother), pitru-dharma, putra-dharma...

And this in turn can help one reflect on what religion is, or definition of religion. If it is taken as connection to the Divine or God, or Yog it all makes sense and we will not come up with man-made boundaries for it.

Just thought that clarification was needed.

praNAm
    A translator cannot deny where he is, and what he have to do for making others to understand. Dharma don't have any other meaning or proper word, similar to karma.

PrabhupAd was using the word religion to make others understand his meaning, but in India we do not need re-translation of his work in English.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information