Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sickening Abrahamic Tactics

Thumbs Down Sickening Abrahamic Tactics

Namaste.

It's fairly revolting when you read stories of people taking advantage of others, moreso when the stories involve adults taking advantage of innocent children.

I just read a story, which, I am sure is only the tip of the iceberg for the despicable tactics of missionaries in India. I'm not sure if it is under copyright so I will paraphrase it here as best as I can.

Basically, a xian missionary group organized trips for young children (7 or 8ish) from Chennai to visit a local snake farm. At a preplanned time during the trip, the driver disconnected the wires, causing the bus to stop. He tried and tried to start the bus again, but of course it wouldn't start as he had disconnected the wires. So the nun says "Ok children, let's pray for the bus to start. How many of you worship Lord Ganesha?" Several children raised their hands and they began to pray, which of course, was to no avail. The nun went round through most of the deities and then said "Well, it looks like praying to the Hindu Gods is of no use, let's try something new. Everyone pray to Jesus." While they were doing this, the driver reconnected the wires and the bus "miraculously" started. The nun thus said "See children? Jesus is more powerful than all of the Hindu Gods, only he could start the bus whereas they all failed." The impressionable young children, not realizing they had been duped, now had serious doubts about their old faith and implanted and untrue reason to consider a new one.

I know this is the tip of the iceberg, and that much more insidious and deplorable tactics like this are probably used daily. It makes me absolutely sick. If xianity is so great, why do they feel the need to lie to little children? Shouldn't the merits of their religion convince people to convert of their own accord? I guess they feel that "all is fair in love and war" and religion is a mixture of both to them.

I wonder if there are any "anti-missionary" charities out there, that actually GIVE A DAMN about the suffering children and don't just consider them as numbers to increase their church roster.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Re: Sickening Abrahamic Tactics

I've heard this story before...which makes me wonder how much of it is a genuine factual account, and how much is just paraphrases upon paraphrases. Don't get me wrong, I hate Christianity and hope to see it eradicated from India as soon as possible. But it's best to fight Christianity with well-documented truth. I'd like to see the actual account upon which this popular story is based. I'm sure what you've described isn't too far from the truth, given the insidious nature of Christians.

On a sidenote, what I'd really like to see is Indians taking charge of our own country and engaging in anti-missionary activity. We need to ban evangelical Christianity at a national level, impose stiff fines on those who preach the religion to others, and teach children about the dangers of Christianity, much as we teach them to avoid criminals and drugs. Indians are weak and passive. While I certainly oppose any militant activity, this culture of indifference must first change.

This is absolutely disgusting. I am ashamed that someone would lie in the name of what they consider "Absolute Truth". I am sure that their Lord would not approve of such filthy tactics. What a shame for these people.
    Jaya Radha-Madhava.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    Namaste.

It's fairly revolting when you read stories of people taking advantage of others, moreso when the stories involve adults taking advantage of innocent children.

I just read a story, which, I am sure is only the tip of the iceberg for the despicable tactics of missionaries in India. I'm not sure if it is under copyright so I will paraphrase it here as best as I can.

Basically, a xian missionary group organized trips for young children (7 or 8ish) from Chennai to visit a local snake farm. At a preplanned time during the trip, the driver disconnected the wires, causing the bus to stop. He tried and tried to start the bus again, but of course it wouldn't start as he had disconnected the wires. So the nun says "Ok children, let's pray for the bus to start. How many of you worship Lord Ganesha?" Several children raised their hands and they began to pray, which of course, was to no avail. The nun went round through most of the deities and then said "Well, it looks like praying to the Hindu Gods is of no use, let's try something new. Everyone pray to Jesus." While they were doing this, the driver reconnected the wires and the bus "miraculously" started. The nun thus said "See children? Jesus is more powerful than all of the Hindu Gods, only he could start the bus whereas they all failed." The impressionable young children, not realizing they had been duped, now had serious doubts about their old faith and implanted and untrue reason to consider a new one.

I know this is the tip of the iceberg, and that much more insidious and deplorable tactics like this are probably used daily. It makes me absolutely sick. If xianity is so great, why do they feel the need to lie to little children? Shouldn't the merits of their religion convince people to convert of their own accord? I guess they feel that "all is fair in love and war" and religion is a mixture of both to them.

I wonder if there are any "anti-missionary" charities out there, that actually GIVE A DAMN about the suffering children and don't just consider them as numbers to increase their church roster.
    sorry to be of different breed. i think it depends on person to person. i have studied in a catholic school for 10 yrs in mumbai/bombay. the school never ( i repeat) never tried to push its faith on us. it was obvious that they wanted to get new guys join them but they never tried to push their faith on us. maybe since it is a city, it was not possible but it could be possible in small villages/ groups. they were rumour of money given to change faith but they cannot be substaincated.

i think it is person dependpent. and the great lord will guide who are to be guided.
    regards
    ---------------------------------------------
    Vishishtadvaitain
    ---------------------------------------------

Vannakkam: There are many, but the one that got me lately was the purposeful organized targeting of young housewives, particularly the ones that are vulnerable. It works like this ..

1) Missionary befriends on some other reason, (milk delivery?) (keep in mind this Indian born missionary is funded by the church organization in the west, and is on a paid salary, but doesn't seem foreign)
    2) Over time the concepts are introduced to the lonely housewife, but most especially that anger is caused by Satan ... this all goes on secretively
    3) Eventually cat gets out of the bag, husband finds out, and gets angry.
    4) Missionary says .."See, He is overcome by Satan"

Some variations, no doubt, but its despicable any way you cut it. The purposeful breaking up of a marriage?

The other one is purposeful intermarriage, the old 'flirt to convert' trick.

Aum Namasivaya

pathetic tactics, looks like they are clutching at straws that they would feed this to children!

but surely this makes one think

with all the suffering in the world, Jesus in this story has the time to start a bus, but not help those who truly need him? Thats why Lord Ganesh didn't answer! he was busy helping those who truly need him, and knew the children will be ok

i jest, but in all seriousness, this is fairly low in terms of indoctrinating kids, hopefully the parents will be like, no prayer will start a bus, there is something fishy going on here etc

Talking Re: Sickening Abrahamic Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: There are many, but the one that got me lately was the purposeful organized targeting of young housewives, particularly the ones that are vulnerable. It works like this ..

1) Missionary befriends on some other reason, (milk delivery?) (keep in mind this Indian born missionary is funded by the church organization in the west, and is on a paid salary, but doesn't seem foreign)
    2) Over time the concepts are introduced to the lonely housewife, but most especially that anger is caused by Satan ... this all goes on secretively
    3) Eventually cat gets out of the bag, husband finds out, and gets angry.
    4) Missionary says .."See, He is overcome by Satan"

Some variations, no doubt, but its despicable any way you cut it. The purposeful breaking up of a marriage?

The other one is purposeful intermarriage, the old 'flirt to convert' trick.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste.

It seems the people who would resort to these measures need to worry about the status of their own soul before worrying about saving the soul of others.

Of course, today's Xianity is like a game of Monopoly. Jesus died on the cross to give everyone a get out of jail free card, so who cares what you do in life? Salvation is assured by sprinkling some water on your head and eating crackers.
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Take comfort that Jesus is not happy that the nun lied to little children, and will send her to burn in hell for eternity.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Jai shree Krishna everyone!
    I thought i will make my first post on this topic since i was watching something related to this the other day. It was a debate on whether mother Teresa deserved sainthood for her work done in India. I was quite shocked with some of the things revealed on the show. I thought i would share that here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6j-GGoDyHY

Welcome, Aum.

EM, Christians on college campuses here in the US (and I'd assume Canada too) do similar things. They find Indian students, feign friendship with them, and then start preaching Christianity. By gathering Indians into groups of exclusively Christian friends, the peer pressure can entice conversion.

Again, the culture of Indians needs to change. We need to end our illogical and obscene levels of tolerance for beliefs that flatly contradict our own. At the end of the day, Hinduism is incompatible with Christianity, and I can't imagine how so many Indians would live with such an intense level of cognative dissonance. They probably never reach such a state because they are ill-informed on Christianity and are unaware that it cannot philosophically coexist with Hinduism. Just as Christians teach people in church how to convert Hindus, perhaps Hindu groups should actively teach Indians how to resist and counter such conversion attempts.

Thread Information