Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sickening Abrahamic Tactics

Re: Sickening Abrahamic Tactics

Vannakkam: Support the local Hindu Student's Association, and there are chapters all over the place. Call 'em up, see how you can help out. An example: http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/hsa/

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Support the local Hindu Student's Association, and there are chapters all over the place. Call 'em up, see how you can help out. An example: http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/hsa/

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste EMji,

That's a wonderful idea!
    Aum Namah Shivaya
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Reality must always be real. It is not with forms and names. That which underlies these is the reality. It underlies limitations, being itself limitless. It is not bound. It underlies unrealities, itself being real. Reality is that which is. It is as it is. It transcends speech. It is beyond the expressions 'existence, non-existence', etc." ~Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi~

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    Welcome, Aum.

EM, Christians on college campuses here in the US (and I'd assume Canada too) do similar things. They find Indian students, feign friendship with them, and then start preaching Christianity. By gathering Indians into groups of exclusively Christian friends, the peer pressure can entice conversion.

Again, the culture of Indians needs to change. We need to end our illogical and obscene levels of tolerance for beliefs that flatly contradict our own. At the end of the day, Hinduism is incompatible with Christianity, and I can't imagine how so many Indians would live with such an intense level of cognative dissonance. They probably never reach such a state because they are ill-informed on Christianity and are unaware that it cannot philosophically coexist with Hinduism. Just as Christians teach people in church how to convert Hindus, perhaps Hindu groups should actively teach Indians how to resist and counter such conversion attempts.
    I absolutely agree with you. Growing up in Africa, in a hindu family we were never taught about the concepts of hinduism which make us different from others. Especially two dominant groups in my school back then muslims and christians. On the contrary whenever there is a mention about the other religion our priest would just find an easy answer. We are all the same and that allah and ram and jesus christ are all the same BUT we should still stick to what we have been brought up with. The whole philosopy of Ekam sat vipra bahudha vadanti. Although i know where he was coming from, i always though that this philosphy should only apply to hindu traditions and shouldnt be used while talking to other abrahamic religions which dont buy that idea.

I have had a first hand proselytizing experience with a friend back in high school. She was a christian (Indian origin, previously from a muslim family). While she was constantly trying to convince me to accept christ, and not only that she even said she will pray and she is sure (100%) that in next 6 months before we graduate that i will accept christ And all the while i was just suprised (since it was my first encounter with such people) with her way of thinking and mine.

Anyway, these days one of my favorite author is Rajiv Malhotra. I feel he is one person whose books every young hindu out there should read. Especially those hindus who live in a mulcultural and multireligious environment. He gives words to what i couldn't express and say in my school days and where I went wrong. He talks about why is important to clarify how hinduism is different from abrahmic traditions, to avoid what he called "digestion". And what is required is not tolerance and sameness but being different with mutual respect. I recommend everyone to look up for his videos and even best to read his book especially when you are going to teach hinduism

A close friend of mine heard something horrible on Hindu women by this cult people.. when he was pulled to church by one his friends.

We have had enough we shouldn't tolerate anymore. Infact we should make a separate section for cults and put abrahamic mumbo jumbo under them.. all of them are bloody jokes!
    ॐ महेश्वराय नमः

|| Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya ||

Hara Hara Mahadeva Shambo Shankara

Thread Information