Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Break from HDF

Re: Taking Break from HDF

namaste ShivaFan,

Although your heart is in the right place, this 'winning over' thing is not to be found in Hindus. We don't have to win over anyone. Let karma do its thing and when it is ripe no one can stop those who are attracted to dharma.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post

My heart is to see more Westerners who are Hindus or soon to be Hindu become friends to each other and ready to present ourselves well to other Westerners who are interested, of which there are many, and these kinds of debates are what can sharpen your sword, to be like a razor against the enemy and an example to win over others to join the fold among those around you.
    satay

Vandanam Satayji, well said. It's anathemic to Hindus to even think about harvesting of souls .

Harvesting of rainwater might be a better topic in today's Bharatavarsha which faces a surplus in mis-management of water, foodgrains and environment.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste ShivaFan,

Although your heart is in the right place, this 'winning over' thing is not to be found in Hindus. We don't have to win over anyone. Let karma do its thing and when it is ripe no one can stop those who are attracted to dharma.
    Last edited by ShriBala; 30 July 2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Typo

Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste ShivaFan,

Quote Originally Posted by ShriBala View Post
    Vandanam Satayji, well said. It's anathemic to Hindus to even think about harvesting of souls .
    Indeed. If what I posted in the Men everywhere follow My path is correct, then dharmic souls are already with God.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Vannakkam: Yet, at the same time, we have to be open enough to answer the questions of sincere seekers, and not just stay like some closed secret society.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Yet, at the same time, we have to be open enough to answer the questions of sincere seekers, and not just stay like some closed secret society.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaskaram EM. True!

The point is where do we draw the line (pun unintended).

where do we draw the line
    Vannakkam: Yes, I've been in the spot a few times. For me personally, this general and simple rule applies: If they ask, I answer. If they don't ask, I don't offer. But yes, it gets more complicated than that sometimes. I do think its much easier now with the internet. Its made a lot of answers (and quite the variety too) far more readily available.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    If they ask, I answer. If they don't ask, I don't offer. But yes, it gets more complicated than that sometimes.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaskar.
    There is a verse in the Gita, can hunt it out, one word i remember in it is pariprashna. Explained as follows by Shirdi sai baba. I'm just paraphrasing my understanding of his explanation.
    Asking questions with the intention of appearing to come across as smart or to trip someone or to belittle another's legit choice is not the right intention.

So, yes, it is pretty difficult to make a decision as to whether the questioner is genuine or not.

A problem which i never have since i don't know and haven't read any scriptures .

Pranam
    I believe this is the sloka you are looking form from Gita 4.34,

tad viddhi pranipatena
    pariprasnena sevaya
    upadeksyanti te jnanam
    jnaninas tattva-darsinah

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam
    I believe this the sloka you are looking for from Gita 4.34,

tad viddhi pranipatena
    pariprasnena sevaya
    upadeksyanti te jnanam
    jnaninas tattva-darsinah

Jai Shree Krishna
    Wow! That was quick , Ganeshprasad ji. Thank you. That's the shloka i'd read in the SSC.

Vandanam

Pranam

There Are another relevant sloka for both point of view.

TEXT 67

idam te natapaskaya
    nabhaktaya kadacana
    na casusrusave vacyam
    na ca mam yo 'bhyasuyati

And the next few verses explains how one is so dear to him, basically what EM says those who ask, those who wants to know.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information