Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord Krishna predicts a new Dharmic Golden Age

Lord Krishna predicts a new Dharmic Golden Age

namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Re: Lord Krishna predicts a new Dharmic Golden Age

Namaste Omkara

This gentleman has a very nice voice with lots of realization in it. I notice his tilaka, which is Vaishnava.

“Culture of death” (20th Century) – this was sort of a happy surprise to see, in that so many of my friends (and myself as well, not to toot my own "horn") have been saying that what we see around us, within popular culture, and now especially in modern politicized Islamic Jihadist agenda (Kalifat movement and various offspins) of which many of us have been discussing and warning about literally for decades and adamant before 911 and leading up to 911 which many of my friends were predicting would happen but only few politicians in the US would listen and then… it happened.

But this “culture of death” is spot on, this is the exact term very good friends of mine have used often, and not just the term “culture of death” but the term “worship of death” and society becoming a “cult of death”.

“Spirituality itself will form the very core of civilization itself in the” --- (future …celebration of life and who we are ultimately, spirit, spirituality in the sense of being distinct from “religion”).

A long time ago I recall listening to a very adept Vaishnava Teacher back in the early 1980s (note - He was not famous, not like Gurus we have met from both India and the West, and I am not referencing A. C. Bhaktivendanta Prabhupada, just to clarify this was a Western-born "Spiritual Teacher") who was very much expressing the same point of view including the discussion of Dharma.

However, his conclusion was different from what was presented in this very interesting and very enlightened video.

His viewpoint was that spirituality as a core of civilization was not in the “near future”. In fact, something very bad is coming for most human beings in the near future do extreme attachment to instant pleasure. As the attachment grows more and more, and as industry, science, drugs and technology will be able to actually deliver such “instant pleasure” faster, and ever more faster, but will never be able to actually satisfy, then just like very spoiled children the expectation for instant gratification will drive instant anger and even extreme deviant and violent behavior from the “spoiled child” if “Disneyland” is not immediately delivered, and ever variations of such “instant gratification” must always be forthcoming, each one “new” from the previous vice. This is called variation.

But the only variation that can come from those in the bodily concept is variations of death. And unexpected to the world, instead of a more unified “language” across all peoples of the world as an outcome of “industrial and technological expansion and communications”, humans will become possessed into delving into such materialistic “worlds” that rest on top of false material “toys and gadgets” each of which will demand the participant to learn and become fluent in a strange language of that fixation. And so, the end result will be many, many “languages” and one “tribe” will not be able to communicate with another, which will only add more to the acceleration towards “some very real trouble”.

Some of this was put to print by a very simple printing press – I was given a copy and I believe I still have a copy of it somewhere in my vast collection of “boxes”. He certainly was very interesting. His predictions were very impressive. He said that real and true gratification is more than the common idea of the word “gratification”, and that only Deva can be both One answer and also provide unlimited variation of a purposeful means. And while this was an elevated state, that the best way for everyone in general to get towards the better path is not as many expect, that in fact he viewed “religion” in ways a means to the solution – that things must be kept very obvious and “simple” because it will reach a point where people in general will not be able to deal with the materialistic based changes that will start to chock them, demand more of their time, even turn against them as tools in the hands of demon like leaders who obtain power simply by promises of instant gratification which not only they will not deliver, but that they are fully aware that not even one promise is even possible of ever being delivered when all are takers and none are givers. The lies they will, and do, speak, are only a means to their own safety (and power) for their own family but even then, they know very well that their own safety will likely and surely collapse around them.

He termed this “the thin veil of civilization”. He did not see any such spiritual civilization in the near future at all, and nor did he see that explanations of such will lead to the best end of result, that actually the basic method at this time is to remain focused on the basics, which he called “religion” and which he fully explained is a more simple understanding and not as elevated as spirituality.

Yes, the downside to technology does not mean that the obvious upside of technology is there. That, for example, as we see today the internet as being a means to bring out and surround others with Dharma – of course he didn’t speak of the internet but of “communications by technology”. Which is good. And which should be utilized when it is obvious to do so.

But he was not so optimistic about the near future (e.g. the next 50 years).

He also warned back then something that I think is very possible.

He spoke of a conflict with Islam. And he said that they will reach a point when the world is on edge. At that point they will do something, that actually they have attempted in the past and will attempt again, only this time they will use “industry, science and technology” as part of the “magic act”.

They will orchestrate a “fake Mahdi event”. They will orchestrate a “fake miracle event”. Both will be designed to take already heightened submission and fanaticism with these elements of Islam to an extreme state. The very ones who are suppose to bring the words and faith of Islam itself will be the very ones fully, and knowingly, assisting to foment the “fake Mahdi” and “fake miracle”, and they will have no issue in knowingly participating in the “great lie”. Because they believe the “end justifies the means”.

I want to point out, nothing said here is what is my belief. I believe in Hinduism. I turn to the things that make my world a better place, and center me to the true Dharma – and that is the obvious things such as temple, songs and chants to God, Deva, Devi, to turn to Mahadeva as a Father and Great God., and to listen to the devotees of the same and to the yogis, Guru, the Saints. I do not know who is correct, the one who spoke a long time ago from way back then, and the one I see in the video today. But thank you for sharing this! I found much of the spoken word in that video as very rewarding.

And I do not think that you should be hesitant to share such a video, either. You have a lot of very important things to share. I noticed, Prabhupad was mentioned in this talk, "Bharat verses" (the Western World). That he said in the future the context will be "Bharat verses America", that the future is fated by something. And that something is that "Bharat was like a lame man, a man who cannot walk. American is like a blind man, a man who cannot see." The blindness was the maya of what we call today "technology" and consumerism. But that one day, the lame man will climb on the back of the blind man. And then together, something great can happen, they are going to help each other.

But it will be in the future. That is a very comforting promise if it comes true.

Today I think of Muruga, and the Vel He holds.

To members of hdf-what are your thoughts on the future of sanatana dharma in the coming decades?
    Last edited by Omkara; 31 July 2012 at 09:58 AM.
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Namaste, this person is Frank Morales aka "Sri Dharma Pravartaka Acharya." He says some smart things and has criticized Neo-Hinduism quite publicly in the past. Having said that, he and his followers have persistently been campaigning to get him name recognition on the internet for the last 10 years that I can recall. I suspect that he was once an ISKCON devotee, and I later came to understand that he had changed his views and had embraced some views of Sri Vaishnavism. For the most part, he seems interested in projecting himself as someone who discusses sanatana-dharma in a manner that is independent of other sampradayas.

Regarding this view of a "coming golden age," it comes from an ISKCON belief, supposedly based on the Brahma-Vaivarta Purana, that says that we are going to have 10,000 years in Kali Yuga that will be just like Satya Yuga before which Kali Yuga returns in full force. That sounds great, but I never really checked those references to see if that's what they really said. I don't really understand why any mumukshus really need to hear predictions about this world's future in the first place.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Pranams.

Out of curiosity, I checked his biography at www.dharmacentral.com. It appears he was initiated by B.R. Sridhar Swami. So basically, he is a Gaudiya Vaishnava by discipline. That doesn't mean of course, that his views represent orthodox Vaishnavism. I notice that he has a YouTube video out referring to Jesus as a "dharma acharya." I'll just stop right now...
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

His website claims that he is an initiated Srivaishnava
    Note-I have not independently verified this.

As to the Brahmavairata Purana Quote,I have my own doubts.This prediction is indeed made,but it is also said that the ganga devi will 'leave the earth' in 5000 years,which it obviously has'nt.Maybe it means that Ganga will lose its sacred status.The translation is not very clear.But then brahmavairata is said to deal with events of a different kalpa than ours,so maybe it could be attributed to that.

Btw,his article on radical universalism is a must-read for every hindu.
    His articles on his website seem to he well written and traditional presentations of vishishtadvaita,in my assesment(correct me if I am wrong on this)

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

I did not watch the jesus video,but he has written an article on his website defebding the video in which he says that he was trying to present dharmic teachibgs to christians through a medium they would relate to.I generally shy away from articles that link abrahamic faiths to hinduism(though gnostic,kabbalistic and sufi teachings do fome quite close to sanatana dharma).Just today a hindu has posted a comment on the abrahamic forums to the effect that so mqny ppl practise islam and he finds it unpalatable that the lord would not shower his grace on them.Basucalky saying "so many ppl cannot be wrong to practice islam".It is sad to see such attitudes among hindus.For some reason the abrahamic forum is clised for posting and so I could nit respond.Do check it out if you want to have a laugh.Its on the thread "an islam song i love"

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

He says he is a srivaishnava in his article on ISKCON.

I have heard that B.R. Sridhara Swami was a Gaudiya.But I had assumed that he had been initiated by a different person of the same name.Hmmm.......makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

He clearly identifies Shriman Narayana aa tge supreme being and calls Sri Krishna an incarnation of God.No references to Caitanya on his website either.Doesnt seem to be Gaudiya,whatever he is.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

He is kind of a mixed bag, frankly. His tilak and initiating guru are clearly Gaudiya. His preaching techniques sound like they were imported from ISKCON, minus the Chaitanya references. I don't know in what sense he claims to be a Sri Vaishnava. On his website, it mentions that he gives sacred thread initiation to women, but Sri Vaishnavas do not practice that. I mostly find it obnoxious that his followers are constantly spamming the internet with his writings, and claiming that he is "recognized all over the world" as an "authentic" teacher of sanatana-dharma.

But, I do agree that his article on radical universalism is a good one that is a must-read for everyone here.
    Philosoraptor

Thread Information