Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord Krishna predicts a new Dharmic Golden Age

Re: Lord Krishna predicts a new Dharmic Golden Age

Namaste Satayji,

Yes, the better term would have been 'respect for every religion'. Thanks for the correction.

To Omkaraji:

I believe the pride of every Hindu in Hinduism is that whereas other religions give the option of walking half-way through a long and rocky road up the spirituality hill and end midway, Hinduism offers the option of taking a bus and reaching the top.

The only point I was trying to make is that the midway walk through the rocky path need not be totally untrue for that matter.

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    .....whereas other religions give the option of walking half-way through a long and rocky road up the spirituality hill and end midway, Hinduism offers the option of taking a bus and reaching the top.
    Why is this assumption being made that some 'thought processes', which are claimed to be 'religions' by some people, even take you half way on the spirituality hill? Why do we discount the fact that some merely help you to circumambulate the base of the spiritual hill without any rise in your spiritual level? Why is this fascination with, oh so many follow this blind path, so it must have some goodness in it? Why is this indirect insinuation that some people have 'hate' in their minds? Is being charitable to other 'thought processes' a self serving way of looking benevolent, and therefore more spiritually evolved? Should truth be forsaken in the interest of window dressing? Does a condescending attitude towards fellow seekers elevate a person's spirituality quotient? Do 'real awakened' souls go around the digital world making mushy posts?

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Why do we discount the fact that some merely help you to circumambulate the base of the spiritual hill without any rise in your spiritual level? Why is this fascination with, oh so many follow this blind path, so it must have some goodness in it?
    Pranam.
    Namaste Believer,

Let us not forget there are many Muslims that have served our Hindu dieties with devotion. Even recently I read about a Muslim devotee who read the entire Bhagavad Gita and translates that into some Muslim language... read it at Dinamalar.com. Given that, it is proven there are lots of Muslims who are good, devoted at heart... So why do not you answer the questions, "Why would Sriman Narayana abandon such souls into an untrue religion?".

Secondly, I am not spiritually evolved nor am I trying to prove myself as one, I am just perceiving terms such as 'Non-caste', 'mleccha', etc. and I am just wondering whether they will not offend the readers who belong to such categories and I wonder why it should really be so... because this is a 'Hindu' forum?

A lot of interesting points have been raised here,and I plan to write a very detailed reply soon.For now,I will make a few concise points for lack of time.

Aspirant 01,I agree with much of the position you have adopted in later posts,with one caveat-I respect the right of followers of thise faiths to beleive what they do-a respect that is sadly not reciprocated.I have no respect whatsoever for those belief systems as such.

However,your revised position contradicts the position you have taken earlier,that lord vishnu=allah.In that case you cannot also say that moksha is possibke only within hinduism as if vishnu=allah,worshipping allah should also grant liberation.Since allah says in the quran that accepting islan will grant liberation,let us all convert to islam then....why bother with hinduism and its cimplicated philosophy?If all gods are the sane,why not select the easurst path?
    Let us explore this idea further.Do you then beleive the quran to be a revealed scripture?
    Do you realize in hiw many different places it contradict what the vedas say?If Why would god conradict himself?
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Omkaraji,

Probably I am not in a position to answer all your questions - my understanding of what I said in this thread comes in as a response to 'Ram = Allah' argument, and partially because I am a member of some other Hindu fora for long and this is what I have gleaned from reading material posted thereof.

All I can say is that, it is my understanding that liberation is possible only in Hinduism because other religions participate in Athma-Hathya - soul killing for one's personal desire/wishes.

It is said in Bhagawad Gita, one ascends to a certain level of spirituality out of one's efforts/strifes, and then in subsequent births, given high births to preserve that level of consciousness he/she has already attained, and given ascension to higher states out of fortunate exposure and guidance.

My understanding is that Islam people have a certain amount of karma that one has to dispense-off via strict disciplines - thus the focus is on discipline - even the verses of Quran are said to pacify 'Rahu' - the personification of manifest desires - and thus is a religion that gives initial spiritual ascension with efforts and practice but owing to soul-killing, there are no lokas or worlds for liberated souls to exist and there is no final emancipation granted thereof.

This is my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    If someone comes on a hindu forum and posts-ram and allah are the same as was said in the abrahamic forum,I find it deeply offensive.I am sure most here would feel the same.

To seeker-please do not interpret other's scriptures for them.It is generally accepted by historians that the gnostic gospel of thomas us more authentic and accurate in representing the beleifs of jesus.But it is a gnistic scripture and gnostic doctrine is closer to bheda abheda rather than advaita.Do not twist the words of the gnostic gospels to suit your beleif.Gnosticism is NOT advaita.

They believe the world was real,and created by an evil demiurge who eas other than god.They also view matter as intrinsically evil.As an advaitin,would you agree to this?

Suppose jesus did teach advaita.So what?Does a hindu NEED jesus?Do we not have much greater saints and teachers within our iwn tradition?
    Namaste Omkara Ji,

My beliefs are my own interpretations of various written work and I am not interpreting Gnostic literature for Christians.

That said , I dont think that Hindus need Jesus or Christianity - since we have seers that lived among us and were understood properly. On the contrary , those who are christians do need to look into SD to connect the words of Jesus to what he actually meant. It makes more sense that way. But I do not go around telling my belief to the christians I meet - I am not for that.

I also happen to believe that life exists in more places than the earth , and we have satya yuga in some of these places. In those places we will have quiet a large number of evolved beings - I wont frown upon them due to 'non invented here' syndrome. I also dont expect their preachings to be much different that what Upanishads tell us. Hope that explains my position on these things.

Namaste Omkara

Actually thanks for sharing this, I was a little bored this evening so I decided to hunt down the web site associated with the video. And some of what was noted in regards to the speakers identity was a match, who apparently is a disciple of the Indian-born Swami Bhakti Rakshaka Sridhara. I noticed on the site there is a thriving Sanatana Dharma Forum, and though I am not sure if I accept or reject the authority and truth of the message I did notice an explanation of varna, caste et all that really connected with my Hindu experience and relations with Guru, Yogi, Swami, mystics, Bhaktas and so on both in the US and in India, so I went ahead and subscribed to their forum to take a look around. It might be rewarding, but I hope you do not mind that I did so being you were the one who gave light of this site in that I am not sure if you approve of them or not, I have never heard of them before, or if I did it was probably only a name or society I may have only glanced at by chance.

I just subscribed to their forum today, and decided to use my same "handle" I use on this forum "ShivaFan". Actually I am not a big proponent of using handles instead of real names, but the only reason I did was because some other respected Hindu (Vaishnav based) society was sort of really wanting to get a hold of me but it wasn't a perfect alignment for me to do so at this time, though I have admirable feelings for them. And in regards to this site discovery, it might be fun to explore it a bit.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste Seeker,
    The point I was making is that you are misinterpreting the gnostic scriptures.The teach simultaneous sameness and difference between god and the soul,and not monistic panentheism as advaita does.Any text must be interpreted to say what its authors intended to say,and the authors of the gospel of thomas were gnostics who did not beleive in monism.I'd suggest you go over to wikipedia and read the article on gnosticism to understand what jesus is actually saying.

I do not frown on any philosophy because it was 'not invented here'.The fact that dharma took such strong root in India is a matter of historical circumstance.Indeed the strongest argument in favour of SD is that mystics across the world have experienced the same truths independently.Examples include Kabbalah,Sufism,Gnosticism,Pythagoreanism,Neoplatonism,Taoism,Confucianism and even Native American and African tribal religions like Yoruba.
    To Aspirant 01, being a good person alone is not a qualification for moksha.Virtuous people of all religions are rewarded appropriately and vice versa through the mechanism of karma.However,only hinduism has developed a systematic and proven method to acheive moksha,as attested by the examples of numerous saints and sages.One can acheive moksha by following their example.
    Last edited by Omkara; 06 August 2012 at 03:10 AM.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

I used to frequent this guy's Youtube channel for a while. At times I thought he had some good things to say but later on decided it was more of the same, and more of the same.... For a guy who wants to change the world, his movement seems fairly vague and, with all due respect, ineffectual.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Namaste
    Actually, it kind of looks like their forum isn't active anymore. It looks like the most recent posting was back in 2011. My registration still hasn't been fully enabled, as if no one is minding the site. I sent them an email a few days ago to inquire if the forum is active, but there has been no response. It looks like their society is an outreach or seeking adherents but it also looks like no one is home.
    Om Namah Sivaya

Thread Information