Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can we know God exists?

Re: How can we know God exists?

There is a temple in TamilNadu for goddess 'Karumariamman' and my grandmother used to be a frequent visitor / devotee of this goddess. In those days, (50 years ago), there used to be 'divinations' offered by a priest who is said to be 'inhabited' by the goddess for brief times once or twice a week and people used to line up asking for solution for their problems during these times. On one such occassion, my grandmother asked about my mother and the goddess promised a very good Bank job for my mother. In no time at all, exactly as predicted, my mother got a reputed Bank job. In several other occassions also, this divination session predicted things as it exactly happened later.

If only she could promise and deliver moksha...
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Vannakkam: Let's just say some people are privy to more information. The term 'know' has two (or more) levels. When its in the level or strata of the intellect, we cannot know God exists. There is no logical proof there, in that level, just as worms don't know birds exist until they get eaten by one.

But at the level of the superconscious mind, the mind of the soul, the higher intuitive realms, we can absolutely know that God exists. This is where some people are privy to more information.

So if two people are having a discussion, and one is on one level, while the other is at the other level, there is no common ground to really even have the discussion. Neither has a clue what the other is talking about.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    If only she could promise and deliver moksha...
    We all often forget it is only a happy mind (or a complete renunciate mind) that can think about 'Moksha'...

Namaste,

Does not look like all the discussion persuaded Mr_Galaxy about the existence of God?

Pranam.

Thread Information