Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open up Abrahamic Religions Forum

Open up Abrahamic Religions Forum

Satay,

Could you outline the thought process behind closing the Abrahamic Religions subforum? This being a discussion board, I see no reason why any subforum needs to be closed for posting.

Regards,
    WM

Re: Open up Abrahamic Religions Forum

I agree.
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Namaste,

Those subforums are closed because I haven't seen posts that align with the purpose of those forums for a long time. I need to rethink the purpose of these forums. Most of the posts and threads there are simply expressing grief about the abharamic religions which is not the original intent of these forums.

I might delete all threads in those forums and start afresh. Until I can decide what to do these forums will remain closed.

Thanks,
    satay

Namaste satayji.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,

Those subforums are closed because I haven't seen posts that align with the purpose of those forums for a long time. I need to rethink the purpose of these forums. Most of the posts and threads there are simply expressing grief about the abharamic religions which is not the original intent of these forums.

I might delete all threads in those forums and start afresh. Until I can decide what to do these forums will remain closed.

Thanks,
    You are da man, as dey say in da 'hood.

I have wondered why there were the Abrahamic sections when all they did was cause stress and strife and elicit comments like Jesus and Mohammed are irrelevant to Hinduism (well, they really are); and comments like zombies on sticks. Not defending Christianity but that's really an insult to the milllions of good Christians who want to live in peace. There was never any productive relationship between Sanātana Dharma and Abrahamism, only ill will in those forums, that I've seen in my > 1 year here.

If I may venture, this isn't a comparative religions site, in my mind; it is a site devoted to the beauty of, and learning about Sanātana Dharma. I feel they should have been blow to smithereens a long time ago. Satayji, I applaud and support your action and hope you follow through in blowing them away.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Solution: Just create a new subforum within theAabrahamic section.

The problem is that there is no specific forum topost all things anti hindu, specifically from abrahamics adherents. Once thatspecific subforum is created thisdilemma will be resolved quickly. Just last week a muslim fanatic travelled allthe way from Bihar state and physically assaulted mata amrutananda mayi inkerala whilst she was delivering a talk. Where to post such info.? The hindu mandirs are raged in Malaysia andPakistan, where to post the news? The remedy is to create a “Crusade /Jihadgoes on”, “ the antihindu atrocities” ,” the hindu persecution” or “hindusunder attack ” or something on those lines. Or better to have two different subforums: ‘the Crusade thrives ’ and ‘theJihad unabated’.

After transferring all the seemingly accusatory threads to thesenewly created subforums, then, the Abrahamic subforums will naturally get ‘cleansed up and sanitized’. In those abrahamics subforumsone now gets to see only palatable debates to the satisfaction of the abrahamic adherentsand for that matter many hindus as well. We are the most tolerant faith on theplanet. Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    The problem is that there is no specific forum topost all things anti hindu, specifically from abrahamics adherents. Once thatspecific subforum is created thisdilemma will be resolved quickly. Just last week a muslim fanatic travelled allthe way from Bihar state and physically assaulted mata amrutananda mayi inkerala whilst she was delivering a talk. Where to post such info.? The hindu mandirs are raged in Malaysia andPakistan, where to post the news? The remedy is to create a Crusade /Jihadgoes on, the antihindu atrocities , the hindu persecution or hindusunder attack or something on those lines. Or better to have two different subforums: the Crusade thrives and theJihad unabated.
    Yes, maybe one subforum specifically for anti-Hindu, or any anti-Dharmic propaganda and violence. Remember the thread about violence at the gurdwārā. This sort of forum would concentrate those subjects without the unnecessary theology. Jmo.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

I agree 100% with Charitra.

If Hindus are under attack physically (mostly by Mohammedans) or psychologically (mostly by Jeebus followers), there SHOULD be a place to post such info on a forum that is called "HINDU Dharma Forums".

If any moderate peaceful Mohammedan/Xian wants to discuss theology/philosophy with us Hindus, our doors should be open 100%. Our Acharyas of any Darshana would never back down from an opportunity to engage in verbal discussion with Astikas or Nastikas. We, being the carriers of their legacy, should not either. It would be a great disservice in this day and age to close down the subforum.

Perhaps, as Charitra says, we can have a subfolder under the Abrahamic Religions subforum titled "Abrahamic warfare on Dharma" where many of the current posts can be transfered.

Let there be no mistake about it. The Abrahamics are out to wipe out Dharma and its followers. It says so in their books. The Abrahamic God is going to torture us in hellfire for an eternity. I'll repeat that, in bold. THE ABRAHAMIC GOD IS GOING TO TORTURE US IN HELLFIRE FOR AN ETERNITY. Does that hit home? It is up to us whether we want to hide our heads in the sand like an ostrich OR be aware and post and openly talk about the war and the immoral beast that is the Abrahamic God.

Hari Om!

I would tend to support SatayJi in whatever his decisions. Am almost 100% certain that he has consulted with other learned members and I trust his instincts too. It must be a tough position to be in.

Have always wondered myself why there is the place for Christians/Jews/Muslims on a Hindu Dharma site but have already taken counsel for this.

Before I take a bashing for my views, place yourself in Satay's position and think again.

Jai Jai Hanuman!
    Last edited by c.smith; 06 August 2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: typo

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

If one has the penchant to 'bash' there is still the opporunity to do so in the jalpa folder. One can fume and fizzle to one's heart content.

Where is this jalpa folder ?
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Vannakkam: I'm with Yajvan. Changing the names of, dropping, adding, restructuring the outline of the forum won't change a whole lot. People will still have questions, and points to be made. How many times have we thought: "Hmmm, now which folder should I put this under?" The forum goes along on what members bring up, and then comments on that, and nothing else.

However, when someone browses the subforums outline, certain words themselves are catalysts to a thought. So you see a word like 'temple' and immediately the idea is spawned, "Oh yeah, I wanted to say something about the last visit." So its important to have the right words there if we want a more focused discussion group.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information