Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Third Eye

Re: Third Eye

Auric teachings are not in the scriptures. I say this with reasonable certainty as my guru has challenged me to find evidence there.

The third eye, the eye of knowledge (jnana caksu) is, moreso than an outward-looking eye, an inward-looking eye. By gazing on the sun of the self the world is thus reflected with clarity, and so it sees outwards by gazing inwards. The lens of the Self is universal, the viewless sight beyond any particular viewpoint.

Yes, there are auras, they are seen through the third eye, and they can inform about people reliably. They are not attested in shastra. It is an oral teaching only, but a vital one.

To open the third eye reliably you need the help of a guru. You can have mystical experiences without a guru, without shaktipat, but generally they will be sporadic, and difficult to repeat or even remember concretely later.

However there is some practicable advice you can put into motion immediately.

Close your eyes and focus on the spot between your eyebrows. Wait. Do not accept anything your mind presents. It is all maya; neti. You do not have to feel volition or agency in regards to your thoughts. There is no need to accept or reject any of your thoughts, nor to involve in them. You are not obligated to shape them, or shape them towards anything, much less some expected outcome.

None of them define you and your experience. Nothing does define you or your experience. Your awareness, not fundamentally different from the nature of awareness itself, is not circumscribed by any conceptual boundary.

It is aditi, the unbounded, giving birthless (ajati) birth to all the gods which compose the cosmic being (purush) that you are - this sentence itself is meaningless, collapsing into the heap of its letters without finding any foundation.

--

In the sat chakra system of the Eastern Kaula tantriks, as presented by John Woodroffe in The Serpent Power, the presiding deity here (Ajna) is Ardhanarishvara; Shakti & Shiva together as one. Other chakra systems may have different deities associated with it, which is why I mention the origin of this attribution - other systems may appeal to you more, but information on them is less available. I suggest you take a look at the Serpent Power copy online (at bhagavadgitausa, which also has some useful diagrams made by the author of the site) at the section dealing with the Ajna and the chakras between it and the Sahasrar.

Some confuse lack of knowledge as evidence of devotion and will even advocate giving up study altogether, but this is as imbalanced as telling people that temple worship is as playing with dolls. It is good to have a basis in theory so that you can practice it. Theory and practice and intimately related and one does not thrive without the other. I would not listen seriously to advice which counsels ignorance.

Would your family support you coming to India for spiritual education? It is already extremely difficult to find a true guru in India, but in the UK it may be impossible.

Vannakkam: I have no idea what this means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samudrika_Shastra but it may have some relevance to the discussion. Google is your friend, or maybe enemy. We'll see.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste

Unfortunately, the samudrika shastra in the Garuda puran is 'physiognomy.' I think any attempt to add auras to it is a recent fabrication/affectation by those who would take money for such 'services.'

Quote Originally Posted by IcySFX View Post
    Namaste all, I tried searching up on this on the forum and internet but didn't find much or anything of enough depth. Hence the reason for this post. I'm going to disclose somethings, which I found weird however the enlightened souls on here may or may not - aswell as some fundamental things I would like clarification regarding. Thanks.

First of all, I would like to know how I can begin to start opening my third eye? Also what effects will it have, other than opening up the spiritual plane.
    Any resources or links would also be appreciated heavily! Alright so I heard that opening your third eye can take years, but I also know people who said it was extremely easy they just asked god to help them?...I guess it depends on the person.

So anyway I know this girl and she is probably one of the nicest people I've ever known speaking to her is like being in contact with a bundle of light. I wouldn't imagine she would lie but she told me some things that totally confused me, I would appreciate if you guys could tell me if these things are legitimate happenings within sanatana dharma!

So she said she saw my spirit and it had 'alot of blue around its auric field, aswell as red and violet/purple around my head'. Then she said my spirit showed her a glimpse of a past life I had in egypt, and apparently I was a good friend of tutankhamun but thats all irrelevant. I digress but she went really into depth and shes not the type of person to lie. So I'm really very confused about what to think.

What do you guys think? Also all information on third eye, and meditation techniques to help open it and so forth would be very appreciated!

Your curiosity will take you to some very strange places, please be careful.

Be sure you can handle what comes your way, the third eye is more than a metaphor I'm afraid. Where you are is where you need to be, of course it is not the final stop for sure so don't despair.

Whatever the girl is seeing is most likely a figment of her own creation, it is not for me to say how "real" it is-

who am I?

Actually that may be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by IcySupreme View Post
    Namaste all, I tried searching up on this on the forum and internet but didn't find much or anything of enough depth. Hence the reason for this post. I'm going to disclose somethings, which I found weird however the enlightened souls on here may or may not - aswell as some fundamental things I would like clarification regarding. Thanks.

First of all, I would like to know how I can begin to start opening my third eye? Also what effects will it have, other than opening up the spiritual plane.
    Any resources or links would also be appreciated heavily! Alright so I heard that opening your third eye can take years, but I also know people who said it was extremely easy they just asked god to help them?...I guess it depends on the person.

So anyway I know this girl and she is probably one of the nicest people I've ever known speaking to her is like being in contact with a bundle of light. I wouldn't imagine she would lie but she told me some things that totally confused me, I would appreciate if you guys could tell me if these things are legitimate happenings within sanatana dharma!

So she said she saw my spirit and it had 'alot of blue around its auric field, aswell as red and violet/purple around my head'. Then she said my spirit showed her a glimpse of a past life I had in egypt, and apparently I was a good friend of tutankhamun but thats all irrelevant. I digress but she went really into depth and shes not the type of person to lie. So I'm really very confused about what to think.

What do you guys think? Also all information on third eye, and meditation techniques to help open it and so forth would be very appreciated!
    If you are serious, you will be willing to do some homework. I would suggest reading up on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. Swami Satyananda Saraswati of the Bihar Yoga School has a good translation/commentary of the former titled "Four Chapters on Freedom", and his student Swami Muktibodhananda has an outstanding translation/commentary of the latter (just titled "Hatha Yoga Pradipika"). Other than that, I recommend just about anything by the Japanese scientist Hiroshi Motoyama very highly.
    ~Har Har Mahadev~

Where there is Truth there is Victory

"The mind is a dangerous weapon, even to the possessor, if he knows not discreetly how to use it." - Michel de Montaigne

~Om Namah Shivay~

Thread Information