Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: jnana yoga

Re: jnana yoga

Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu. But then, who is Vishnu? For sure, Ram and Krishna or others are very different manifestations of Vishnu. Again, Vishnu is a God, and Krishna or Rama is an incarnation: this distinction should not be forgotten.
    Dear Tuvij
    Can you quote the scripture where you have found this information please ?
    Last edited by jopmala; 05 December 2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jopmala View Post
    Dear Tuvij
    Can you quote the scripture where you have found this information please ?
    Dear Shri Jopmala
    Pranam!

my "smriti" goes back to grandma's stories; bedtime stories are the greatest of all smriti's.

And as a child I felt overjoyed at knowing that Krishna, God incarnate, is my ancestor. Even today I believe that he walked the earth around 3000 BC.

Kindly forgive my mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    ... Again, Vishnu is a God, and Krishna or Rama is an incarnation: this distinction should not be forgotten. ...
    Namaste

I find it hard to understand such an assertion in light of chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita.

Hari Aum
    With our ears may we hear what is good.
    With our eyes may we behold thy righteousness.
    Tranquil in body, may we who worship thee find rest.

AUM Peace Peace Peace

Quote Originally Posted by R Gitananda View Post
    Namaste

I find it hard to understand such an assertion in light of chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita.

Hari Aum
    An incarnation of Vishnu always knows that he is one. So Krishna shows his Vishnu chaturbhuj form to Arjun.

But it is only an Aditya, "pure one", who can expand, in Virat form, and show all Adityas (including himself) inside himself; that is, to show Aditi in himself!
    That is how a God becomes supreme in different contexts.

It is this Virat form, immortal, that is implied regarding the "expansion of Varun", who is one of the Adityas. Expansion is evolutionary.

So in chapter 11, what Arjun describes is Aditi herself, though Krishna, on his part, is still conscious of his purpose. Arjun is elevated to Sarasvati plane of intuition, and sees Aditi through this window, sees through immortally expanded Sarasvati.

Gita, though, should be best approached through devotion; it describes some serious, real, stuff but the language used is that of Kaliyuga. Rig-Vedic language was already lost.

Krishna demands Knowledge in Devotion, and Devotion in Knowledge.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

What does one think of the proper pronunciation of this jñāna yoga ? It is ja + ñā as the key components¹.

Some say this ja sounds like 'ga' as in gate, others contend it is 'ja' that is found in john. This ñā, some suggest sounds like that sound found in bunch , others say it sounds like the sound in numb.

Any opinions here ?

iti śiva

1. jñā - knowledge; to know as , know or perceive that ; to recognize as one's own;
    • jñapayati - to teach any one
    • jijñāsate - to wish to know or become acquainted with or learn , investigate , examine
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Yajvan,

Some say this ja sounds like 'ga' as in gate, others contend it is 'ja' that is found in john. This ñā, some suggest sounds like that sound found in bunch , others say it sounds like the sound in numb.
    It is neither. It is mixture of "g" as in gate (but it is only half sound of Ga) followed by a sound similar to "yñā" is stressed upon while pronouncing this letter. Please note that it is not the sound of "N" as in "No". The sound of 'N" comes from touching tongue to the teeth whereas this sound slightly nasal while touching the back upper side of mouth by tongue.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

my "smriti" goes back to grandma's stories; bedtime stories are the greatest of all smriti's.
    And as a child I felt overjoyed at knowing that Krishna, God incarnate, is my ancestor. Even today I believe that he walked the earth around 3000 BC.
    In sloka 21 of chapter X of Gita , sri krishna while describing manifestation of his divine power ( vibhuti) says " Among the Adityas , I am the Vishnu, among the luminaries I am the sun etc etc ". Here it does not mean the krishna is a incarnation of the sun then how can he be a incarnation of vishnu ?

Sloka 7 of chapter VII of Gita sri krishna says " Mattah parataram na nyat"
    which means that there is nothing whatever that excels him ( sri krishna).

Therefore so far Gita is concerned , it is wrong to say that sri krishna is the incarnation of vishnu. For your information , how and why sri krishna incarnate can be found in Gita itself .

" Among the Adityas , I am the Vishnu, among the luminaries I am the sun etc etc ". Here it does not mean the krishna is a incarnation of the sun then how can he be a incarnation of vishnu ?

Sloka 7 of chapter VII of Gita sri krishna says " Mattah parataram na nyat"
    which means that there is nothing whatever that excels him ( sri krishna).
    The formula is one and same as "naditame devitame ambitame Sarasvati".

Krishna is the best of Everything, not Everything (Aditi) herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    The formula is one and same as "naditame devitame ambitame Sarasvati".

Krishna is the best of Everything, not Everything (Aditi) herself.
    My only point is that it is not correct to say that krishna is a incarnation of vishnu rather vishnu is one of the vibhuti of krishna.

My only point is that it is not correct to say that krishna is a incarnation of vishnu rather vishnu is one of the vibhuti of krishna.
    I have read that KRSNA is an avatar of vishnu and he explained to Arjuna in BG I don't believe an incarnation if referring to reincarnation is the same as an avatar.

Thread Information