Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does water contain Atman?

Does water contain Atman?

Does water contain Atman? I know people that take psychedelics that say water has a certain spirit to it. What about the sun? All matter and energy are the same, and one can be converted into another under the right conditions. So what do you think?

Peace!

Re: Does water contain Atman?

Of course the Atman in the matter would be trapped until converted into pure energy.
    Last edited by AstralProjectee; 22 April 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralProjectee View Post
    ex nihilo nihil fit. From nothing comes nothing. All that we observe is matter/energy get converted to matter/energy of a different form.

Any material effect has a material cause. Water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen.

Creatio ex nihilo is absurd.

OMG I just realized something aether must be spirit then from aether you get energy from energy you can get matter. So yes I do think spirit aka aether aka Atman can be converted into matter. Everything comes from one source which is brahman and from that one source you get aether and from aether you get energy and from energy you get matter. So it seems to me that aether must be Atman and from aether you can make energy and from energy you can make matter. I have read a lot about aether it seems like a very probable idea.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
    ex nihilo nihil fit. From nothing comes nothing. All that we observe is matter/energy get converted to matter/energy of a different form.

Any material effect has a material cause. Water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen.

Creatio ex nihilo is absurd.
    Aether is a bit different than energy. It's a type of energy that is much more powerful than what we commonly know as energy.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by AstralProjectee View Post
    Aether is a bit different than energy. It's a type of energy that is much more powerful than what we commonly know as energy.

Peace!
    Still, the world needs a material cause. Either that cause is God itself in which case God is both the efficient AND the material cause of the universe.

Or, the material cause is Pradhana/atoms and these are distinct from God.

In either case, you need a coeternal material cause for the universe with/without an efficient cause.

Creatio ex nihilo as conceived by Abrahamics where there is only the efficient cause [God] is a mistake.

Namaste AP,

Not Atman, but a reflection of it; if we consider that water expands when it is frozen, this phenomena is only present in water as other materials contract; interestingly, to my knowledge, science can not yet explain this.

It is of the utmost importance when considering nature to realise that snow flakes, or ice crystals that form under the conditions present in our Earth's atmosphere, are never two quite the same; never. Yet underlying their shape are the same, self similar repeating pastern; this is how she reflects.

There have been some fascinating studies of the formation of these crystals, under differing energetic conditions; off hand I forget the name of the practitioner, but I feel it to be very relevant to your question. This shows the fractal nature of prakriti perfectly. and is arguably the influence of purusha upon that matter as these studies show.

Some times we can not put things in boxes, Atman is like this ...

Thank you kindly for your inspiring thought

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 23 April 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Namaste AP,

There is Only one Atman/Brahman which is non-dual Consciousness. Everything else perceived in this universe is like images of mirage dancing under the influence of mAyA (which is the power of Atman/Brahman giving rise to dream-like things that makes this world) having substratum as the Atman.

So, whatever you perceive and you yourself are non-different from Atman in essence. The Consciousness that Atman is, has a unique characteristics of "creating multitude" where there is Only One.

The above is very difficult to understand especially for a person coming from a mindset having dualistic thinking conditioning. It is so complex that it cannot be conceptualised correctly by mind. However, it can be perceived directly on getting enlightenment.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information