Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brahmacharya

Post Re: Brahmacharya

Quote Originally Posted by Visvamitra View Post
    Doesn't the brachmacharya practice lend one to have sexual intercourse in order to procreate? In the Mahabharata Arjuna was supposed to be a brachmacharin for 12 years after coming upon Yudhisthira and Draupadi. How come he got married twice and engaged in sexual intercourse with the 3 women he met?
    Arjuna was also able to defeat the celestials due to his brahmacharya. Bishma also was able to defeat Parasurama because of his strict vow in celibacy. Viswamitra was so powerful after 10 years of brahmacharya he could control the elements, but just one break caused his downfall, and he became a mortal man, I think a wet dream unfortunately also means one has to start his tapas all over again, so even if he is on the 11th year 364th day and has a wet dream he still breaks his brahmacharya, and then there is even higher brahmacharya like that of residents of Sada-shivaloka!!

Re: Brahmacharya

I would say, get your life together before thinking about exalted topics like brahamcharya. One has to inculcate a sense of discipline in his daily routine of puja and meditation and suppressing any negative thoughts before getting into high powered subjects. We always start at the bottom and then try to rise towards the top. We don't start at the top, unless we are some kind of gifted beings. Shashtric knowledge needs to be tempered with some common sense, otherwise it is all an esoteric discussion about illusionary/unattainable goals. As the younger generation says, "Get Real".

I dont know if I would agree with Believer. If you are single, a teenager, and/or not married, you should be celibate. And celibacy is difficult, but with the grace of God you can do it. I would suggest keep your life very spiritual and do Sadhana. You can also do alot of Japa and things like that. If you feel aroused, chant, or do some spiritual practice. One thing that I found that can help is when you feel like sexual desires are arising, is to go on a walk and be out in nature and to get out of the house. Also, if you feel like it, you can do some exercises and deep breathing to calm the mind and the desires. Thats really all I can say on this subject.
    Om Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Arav View Post
    If you feel aroused, chant, or do some spiritual practice.
    Right in the middle of a wet dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Right in the middle of a wet dream?
    I would also stop thinking like this. Constant worry about a wet dream will drill it into the subconscious mind and that can make wet dreams happen more often. Dont even think about wet dreams and if it happens, its ok move on. Keep on doing spiritual practice and concentrate only on that.

And with the Japa and arousel, I was talking about when awake, so in the conscious mind. First get rid of sex in the conscious mind and then purify your subconscious mind. Start at the surface and then move deeper.
    Om Namah Shivaya

Constant worry about a wet dream will drill it into the subconscious mind and that can make wet dreams happen more often.
    That was the topic that the original poster wanted to talk about. I did not start the thread.
    Dont even think about wet dreams and if it happens, its ok move on. Keep on doing spiritual practice and concentrate only on that.
    That is exactly what I have been saying all along. Don't dwell on it. Do your spiritual practices and things will take care of themselves.
    I am glad we finally agree.

That was the topic that the original poster wanted to talk about. I did not start the thread.
    Then I ask them to stop focusing on wet dreams, because they are possibly pushing it into the subconscious.

That is exactly what I have been saying all along. Don't dwell on it. Do your spiritual practices and things will take care of themselves.
    I am glad we finally agree.
    Yes, so am I.
    Om Namah Shivaya

Then I ask them to stop .....
    Son, If something in this forum makes you uncomfortable, just move on. You are NOT required to express your 17 year old expert opinions on everything happening here. I would not want to tell people to stop discussing their problems - real or perceived. This is an open forum. It is just like your TV set, if you don't like a program, you switch the channels. You don't call the TV station and tell them to stop broadcasting something because it is offensive to you. Think about it. We all have to co-exist here. It is best to insulate yourself from topics you don't like, rather than getting upset and ordering people around.

Son, If something in this forum makes you uncomfortable, just move on. You are NOT required to express your 17 year old expert opinions on everything happening here. I would not want to tell people to stop discussing their problems - real or perceived. This is an open forum. It is just like your TV set, if you don't like a program, you switch the channels. You don't call the TV station and tell them to stop broadcasting something because it is offensive to you. Think about it. We all have to co-exist here. It is best to insulate yourself from topics you don't like, rather than getting upset and ordering people around.
    I am sorry that it is misinterpreted in this way. I will stop being apart of this thread so that this does not go any further. Again, I appologise.
    Om Namah Shivaya

one may look up prasna up.

Thread Information