Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mahatma Gandhi - the greatest?

Mahatma Gandhi - the greatest?

Namaste,

That Mahatma Gandhi was the greatest is without question, but I am talking astrologically. It's simply impossible for anyone to have such a horoscope. I am astounded and hope experts can shed some light on this.

How can one man have so many royal yogas (mahapurush yogas, gajakesari, rajlakshna, saraswati yoga, you name it) it's mind-boggling. He's one in a billion, considering every yoga of his represents a unique strength - saraswati yoga points to the Mahatma's amazing intellect, mahapurush yoga pointing to his charisma, and so on.

Even from the astro PoV, the Mahatma seems to be the greatest human being.

Astro

Re: Mahatma Gandhi - the greatest?

Quote Originally Posted by astrostudent View Post
    Namaste,

That Mahatma Gandhi was ...

Even from the astro PoV, the Mahatma seems to be the greatest human being.

Astro
    There is Nadi Astrology in South India and i heard that about Mahatma Gadhi, prediction was already done 100s yrs ago, written on pam leaves. So, he was already mention some where to be appeared as a greatest human being.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Namaste,
    It's simply impossible for anyone to have such a horoscope.
    Then one must study śrī rām's chart.

Also, if you look at Gandhi's chart you will note that the sun is in the 12 house. This indicates maraṅa kāraka sthāna

• maraṅa = the act of dying , death
    • kāraka = what does or produces or creates
    • sthāna = staying , abiding , being in or on
    Hence this position (sthāna) for the sun suggests that which produces (kāraka) death-like ( maraṅa) symptoms.
    Why did this not occur for Gandhi as the sun is in Virgo, 12th from libra?

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 01 April 2011 at 11:27 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

Then one must study śrī rām's chart.

Also, if you look at Gandhi's chart you will note that the sun is in the 12 house. This indicates maraṅa kāraka sthāna

• maraṅa = the act of dying , death
    • kāraka = what does or produces or creates
    • sthāna = staying , abiding , being in or on
    Hence this postion (sthāna) for the sun suggests that which produces(kāraka) death-like ( maraṅa) symptoms.
    Why did this not occur for Gaandhi as the sun is in Virgo, 12th from libra?

praṇām
    Ram's chart cannot be verified, he lived so long ago that fixing the date and time would be virtually impossible. Gandhi at least lived only a few years ago, so we get a more realistic picture.

As to marana karaka sthana, did he not come close many, many times?

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

Ram's chart cannot be verified, he lived so long ago that fixing the date and time would be virtually impossible. Gandhi at least lived only a few years ago, so we get a more realistic picture.

As to marana karaka sthana, did he not come close many, many times?

I bring up śrī rām because He is indicated in Gandhi's chart as his dharma devatā. I also see things a bit differently regarding śrī rām's chart yet wish not to defend it, as too much typing is involved.

re: maraṅa kāraka sthāna
    This indicates death-like suffering throughout one's life.
    Yet the point to be offered - why did this not occur throughout his life? There is a rule involved that negates the blemish of the sun placed in the 12th house for certain lagna-s, and you will find it in the brihat-parāśara-horā-śāstra

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

I bring up śrī rām because He is indicated in Gandhi's chart as his dharma devatā. I also see things a bit differently regarding śrī rām's chart yet wish not to defend it, as too much typing is involved.

re: maraṅa kāraka sthāna
    This indicates death-like suffering throughout one's life.
    Yet the point to be offered - why did this not occur throughout his life? There is a rule involved that negates the blemish of the sun placed in the 12th house for certain lagna-s, and you will find it in the brihat-parāśara-horā-śāstra

praṇām
    But didn't this occur throughout his life - this death-like suffering? There was no stage in his life where he was not suffering, not making sacrifices.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

But didn't this occur throughout his life - this death-like suffering? There was no stage in his life where he was not suffering, not making sacrifices.
    You see suffering - I see courage. With maraṅa kāraka sthāna
    he would not have the energy to rebel, to have civil disobedience,
    to stay the course after being jailed time after time.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Since you mentioned the 12th house and to avoid creating another thread, what does it mean a concentration of planets in the 12th house?

Where can I get more information on the 12th house?

Thank you.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Since you mentioned the 12th house
    4th, 8th and 12th houses are mokṣa houses and my favorite.
    Yet to the householder or the king the 8th and 12th houses are considered dusthāna.
    This dusthāna is duḥ + sthāna. Let's look at the words:
    • duḥ ( or du) - 2nd derivation is defined as pain , or sorrow , afflict , distress ; to burn , consume with fire ,
      cause internal heat
      • The 1st derivation of du is 'to go'. So in jyotiṣ ( jyotish), the 2nd derivation is being applied.
    • sthāna is defined as place of standing or staying , any place , spot , locality , abode , dwelling , house , site .
      In jyotish this would be considered a house or bhāva.
    Hence we can see that dusthāna (duḥ + sthāna) is a position, seat, location, spot, etc. that causes or brings pain, heat, burning.

What are these dusthāna houses ?
    The 6th, 8th and 12th houses
    • The 6th - we know shows weaknesses, enmity, various friction like arguments and the like. Note the 6th house and sickness
      shows these illnesses arising from one's own condition of weakness .
    • The 8th - suggests past life results, various shocks that can come to the individual
    • The 12th - shows loss, expenses, theft that may occur; some setbacks, some obstacles
      What if the lord of the 12th is in the 12th.... wealthy, yet heavy expenses. It comes in and goes out.
    Are there more to these houses - no doubt yes. Yet what is of great interest ( to me) is the 8th and 12th houses are very spiritual in nature. It is also worthy of note that the 6th house is a upacaya (some write upachaya) bhāva.

What does that mean? Upacaya is increase , growth , prosperity . Over time this house has the ability to improve and give better reults. That is , contribute to ones ability, support one's intentions, etc.

But what of this 12th house... I mention loss. That is why its a mokṣa house - loss of ego, of ignorance. But what other things does one see from the 12th?
    • mokṣa
    • divine knowledge
    • pleasures of the bed
    • fear from foes - secret enemies
    • losses of all kinds - loss of goods never found
    • living in a foreign land - leaving one's own land ( loss of residence).
    • restraint and limits ( as saturn plays his role here)
    So what graha's are the kāraka-s ( doers , ambassors of the 12th)
    • śani = saturn, the slow moving one - restraints, sorrows, yet knowledge and rigor
    • rāhu - from the root √ rabh - 'the seizer'; halts, restrains; also foreign travels and research
    • sukra - material desires and pleasures of the bed
    • maṅgala ( mars) - confinement - some attribute this to śani; the fire of tapas for one's spiritual practices
    • guru ( jupiter) - knowledge
    • ketu - mokṣa

praṇām

words
    upacaya - grows, improves over time; the third , sixth , tenth , and eleventh of the zodiacal signs
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

It's so funny, I have nothing in those houses.

Almost everything in my chart is lumped into only three houses...most of it in the first.

At some point I am going to save my money up and have a real chart thingy done.

But, until then it's very interesting to read about..ty<3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information