Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space photos

Space photos

I love space photos. I just got back from a blustery walk. Very cold wind blowing and a crisp, starry night. Absolutely gorgeous with Orion hovering over our winter! Anyway, this photo was just released and thought I would share. A star making factory!! (Credit Reuters)

This view, taken by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope and released January 9, 2007, shows the Eagle nebula, an industrious star-making factory located 7,000 light-years away in the Serpens constellation. The image shows the region's entire network of turbulent clouds and newborn stars in infrared light. The color green denotes cooler towers and fields of dust. Since light from the Eagle nebula takes 7,000 years to reach us, this 'supernova' explosion would have appeared as an oddly bright star in our skies about 1,000 to 2,000 years ago. NO SALES NO ARCHIVES FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY REUTERS/NASA/JPL-Caltech/N. Flagey (IAS/SSC) & A. Noriega-Crespo (SSC/Caltech)/Handout

Re: Space photos

Namaste MysticalGypsi,

Thanks for sharing the beautiful creation of God. At least man can have a look at it! If there be a better earth among the planet-children of those star families--an earth that cannot have the likes of Bush and Blair and Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Sing and the missioneries and the Islamic terrorists and the like among their equals, I would be the first person to desire a birth among that lofty civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalGypsi View Post
    I love space photos.
    Me too . Thanks for sharing that pic.

the Eagle nebula, an industrious star-making factory located 7,000 light-years away in the Serpens constellation. The image shows the region's entire network of turbulent clouds and newborn stars in infrared light. The color green denotes cooler towers and fields of dust. Since light from the Eagle nebula takes 7,000 years to reach us, this 'supernova' explosion would have appeared as an oddly bright star in our skies about 1,000 to 2,000 years ago.
    I've always found it intriguing to know that the further away we look into space, the further back we're looking into time. We are literally looking into the past!

Regards,
    A.

That's awesome. Guys, google "God's eye, NASA" and see what you come up with. It looks like an eye in space. It's amazing. Look it up! You guys probably know about this one already - but just in case, google "Rama's bridge, NASA" and there are images of a formation that looks like Shri Ram's bridge between Lanka and India.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakti View Post
    but just in case, google "Rama's bridge, NASA" and there are images of a formation that looks like Shri Ram's bridge between Lanka and India.
    Yep, I've seen this picture. I found it on wikipedia and thought I'd post it here. Sometimes people call it "Adam's bridge", but I prefer Rama's Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva View Post
    Me too . Thanks for sharing that pic.

I've always found it intriguing to know that the further away we look into space, the further back we're looking into time. We are literally looking into the past!

Regards,
    A.
    Yeah it's amazing. Stars are so far away that the light from these stars can take millions of light years to reach us and by the time this light reaches us, the star may have died already. Imagine, some of the stars we see in the sky might not be existing! This goes to show how vast the universe is. Consider also, that light is so fast, it can circle the earth 8 times in one second!

Quote Originally Posted by Agnideva View Post
    Sometimes people call it "Adam's bridge", but I prefer Rama's Bridge.
    Tee hee...I also prefer Rama's bridge. I don't know if there are stories about Adam building a bridge. Perhaps we are just biased in favour of Shri Rama.

Looky what I did! I got a picture of "God's Eye" that I spoke about. The website for this image is -http://imgsrc.hubblesite.org/hu/db/2...ormats/web.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shakti View Post
    Looky what I did! I got a picture of "God's Eye" that I spoke about.
    Wow, simply amazing! Thanks Shakti. I didn't know God had blue eyes though .

I like space photos a lot, too. Sometimes an image can convey a million words

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Here are a couple of my favorites
    Attached Images Attached Images
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Thread Information