Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prayer request

prayer request

hello everyone.. going to my first day of college...

I'm very nervous, i have not been in school for 3 years...

Re: prayer request

Hi Sherab

All the very best on your first day. Enjoy the butterflies till they fly in your stomach.

let us know how was your experience.

the first day was very relaxed, and i still am staying home with my family for the most part.. but i will be very busy. last time i was in highschool,i was a real bum... I didn't even graduate! I got a high school equivalent, or "GED" a year or two ago, and have been lazy since.

Dharma for me, is being a student. Somehow, someone knew my apths would converge with hinduism and this. IE. i took 5-6 months without any religion, after i ahd investigated them all. I was deciding between islam and hinduism...

I chose hinduism.

Another thing that may be of interest: Before i left, i prayed to Ganesha so i wouldnt get lost, would have a good time... and I did. In fact, two people i sat right next too in one (out of 2) of my classes last night... used to be in the army, just like me. And I didn't even know it...

Aum shri ganeshaya nama...

Hello Sherab,

I know I'm a few days late in posting this, but I'd like to wish you well in your new college. I hope you'll find it a very positive and worthwhile experience and contribute to your learning, and that you'll make a lot friends while you're at it. I'm glad to see you back at the forum. Enjoy your college days and remember that Lord Ganesha will be watching out for you always.

Namaste.
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Quote Originally Posted by Sherab View Post
    the first day was very relaxed, and i still am staying home with my family for the most part.. but i will be very busy. last time i was in highschool,i was a real bum... I didn't even graduate! I got a high school equivalent, or "GED" a year or two ago, and have been lazy since.

Dharma for me, is being a student. Somehow, someone knew my apths would converge with hinduism and this. IE. i took 5-6 months without any religion, after i ahd investigated them all. I was deciding between islam and hinduism...

I chose hinduism.

Another thing that may be of interest: Before i left, i prayed to Ganesha so i wouldnt get lost, would have a good time... and I did. In fact, two people i sat right next too in one (out of 2) of my classes last night... used to be in the army, just like me. And I didn't even know it...

Aum shri ganeshaya nama...

I am glad that you are finding friends and feeling college life with ease. It will have its difficulties, but If I am getting through it than without a doubt you will get through it (im lazy).

Thats interesting you chose Sanatana Dharma over Islam. If you wish you can look at some of my posts on "Was Muhammad enlightened" I practiced Islam for 7 years. It burned me out and caused me not to trust dogma (which I am greatful for) and now there is endless posibilities before me.

Om
    -juan

Also if you dont mind tell us why you decided hinduism over islam?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Also if you dont mind tell us why you decided hinduism over islam?
    I honestly couldn't decide myself.

A "friend" had to step in and help me out.

That's all i want to say in the topic... It's deeply personal.

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Namaste
    i'm sure you understand, no hard feelings... In fact, i couldn't put it into words, even if i wanted to.

namaste.

Absolutely, no prob

OM

Thread Information