Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Bickerings/Complaints

Re: The Bickerings/Complaints

Pranam Grames ji

My message was short which did not merit such a long response but thanks all the same for clarifying your position.
    Your insistence on classical advaita does not make sense since by your own admittance you do not follow it. How can you judge classical from neo if you do not even read upanisad which forms a major part of advaita understanding?

As a vaishnav should you not be concerned about the neo vaishnav who claims to be following madhva line yet differ so much with the tradition or does it not matter since the theme is vaishnavism?

So why different choices are existing and it does not make follower of one superior or inferior to any other. ( This is the only kind of tolerance i believe SD can have at max unlike pure ultra Universaliam).
    This is good to know, in dvaita the differences will persists while advaita will in final analysis see no differences, as a Hindu I can live with that.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Dear Devotee and Atanu Ji,

Good advice and eye opener too
    I will sincerely shift my gears and energy on doing exactly what you two have said here.

Thanks again and i hope we are not personally rivaled here.

Pranam Ji,

Not sure how my message conveyed like i haven't read even single Upanishad? In fact, i said, NOT THAT I CANNOT ! Is it problem of my wordings ??

If everyone who subscribe to "Advaita" here that there is no difference between Neo and Classical, wooof....i have no issues at all. Be it the Truth that you seek!

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Pranam Ganeshprasad ji,

2) For me, i am much more satisfied with Vaishnava philosophies and the learning of Vaishnava philosophies in fact was an opportunity to get to know the answers that was not answered by my quest on digesting "classical Advaita". Philosophically, advaita did not fit to my inherent nature for its major inexplicable idea like doctorine of Avidya, the introduced concept of Adysaaya etc. Since, i do not subscribe to it, i do not like to propagate a lot on something where i am not 100% in to.
    Namaste grames,

My last opinion on this. You have hit the nail -- we all do that which satisfies us best. And, eventually, through tribulations and joys, mind comes to learn what satisfies forever. Shri Ramana teaches that moksha is just a name for this -- to be happy always.

You are correct that you are satified more with vaishnava philosophy.

Some of us have read in the upanishads that there is no happiness in the limited. We have also read that there is fear when there is another. We have read that one who sees any difference here goes from death to death.

And, at least personally from experiences, i have learned to value these as truth and only ways/pointers to everlasting satifaction.

So, just as i cannot have any complain that you are satisfied with vaishnava philosophy, you also cannot have complain that atanu seeks satisfaction through advaita darshana. Ultimately we all are seeking that everlasting satisfaction.
    ------------------------------

But I know that this path is difficult and painful. Following this path, if one cannot renounce the ego, then one is forced to do so.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaste Grames,

Quote Originally Posted by Grames
    as i haven't read even one Upanishad in my life time
    Perhaps this created confusion.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Pranam Grames ji

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Pranam Ji,

Not sure how my message conveyed like i haven't read even single Upanishad? In fact, i said, NOT THAT I CANNOT ! Is it problem of my wordings ??
    well when you put it like this and i quote

I can and it is not that i cannot as i haven't read even one Upanishad in my life time but i have no belief in that darshana so how can i give 100% of it?
    enough for simple mind like me to read as stated, vak is really playing tricks.

If everyone who subscribe to "Advaita" here that there is no difference between Neo and Classical, wooof....i have no issues at all. Be it the Truth that you seek!
    May the force be with you,
    why should you have any issues, you do not follow advaita

but you certainly can between traditional and neo Vaishnavism or is it you rather not talk about it?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

pranam atanu,

Your first question:
    Who told you this?
    I answered "Brahman is the only reality is the thesis of Advaita". Since no one actually 'told' me this because I have only read about it, I pointed a source on the Interenet.

I honestly don't know what your objection is to the answer?

Your second question:
    Is then advaita experience same as that of being under chloroform?
    I ignored this question but since you insist on my answer. Here it is:
    I don't know what the advaita experience is as I haven't experienced advaita. I don't know what the experience of being under chloroform is either because I have never been under chloroform. Thus I can't tell you if the advaita experience is the same as that of being under chloroform. Maybe it is maybe it is not. I would have to wait until I experience both advaita and chloroform to tell you the difference.

But please don't hold your breath...

Just the reverse. You have asked very precise questions of me. I welcome them. Let me also ask a question. You started the longest running thread of this forum with:

Fear or death, I have none,
    Nor any distincton of caste.
    Neither father nor mother,
    Not even a birth, have I.
    Neither friend, nor comrade.
    Neither disciple, nor Guru.
    I am eternal bliss and awareness -
    I am Shiva! I am Shiva!

I have no form or fancy.
    The All-pervading am I.
    Everywhere I exist,
    Yet I am beyond the senses.
    Neither salvation am I,
    Nor anything to be known.
    I am eternal bliss and awareness -
    I am Shiva! I am Shiva!

Now, although being beyond all senses and without form, you are administering the forum. Although you are beyond caste distinctions, you seem to see all distinctions. Many such anomalies can be pointed out. How is it possible? Your answer, if true and correct, will be the answer here also.

Om Namah Shivaya
    My understanding is that since Brahman only exists and nothing else there is no 'me' and there is no 'forum' thus there is 'no' one administering the forum. This forum, this conversation is not real.

Since you, me, grames are not real, and there is only one entity called Brahman there are no 'real' differences thus the complaints and objections are not real. It is all Brahman.

You can correct my understanding but please start a new thread.

Thanks,
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    pranam atanu,

Maybe it is maybe it is not. I would have to wait until I experience both advaita and chloroform to tell you the difference.

Namaste satay,

That, I think, is the problem. Without experience, how can I then say the forum does not exist, the stomach does not exist? I exist is the truth yet my stomach may ache, since I have a mind to experience pain and pleasure (remember these are just metaphors).

My understanding is that since Brahman only exists and nothing else there is no 'me' and there is no 'forum' thus there is 'no' one administering the forum. This forum, this conversation is not real.

Since you, me, grames are not real, and there is only one entity called Brahman there are no 'real' differences thus the complaints and objections are not real. It is all Brahman.

You can correct my understanding but please start a new thread.
    In that case you should also not react to me. Part answer to your conundrum is given above and I will add:

Can you say in dream that this bread that I am eating is a dream bread? Only after waking that can be said.

While in dream, whatever needs be done will be done. But one who has waken up even for a moment will not fear the nightmares any more.

Om Namah Shivaya

PS: Satay, I request you to move the posts suitably as it will be easier for you. If any further questions remain then we can discuss in the new thread.

PS2: (When advaita darshana says Brahman is reality, it is to gain absolute peace, also called moksha. It is to free the mind from the fear of nighmare; else, what practicality it has?)
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

pranam atanu,

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    [/font]

Namaste satay,

That, I think, is the problem. Without experience, how can I then say the forum does not exist, the stomach does not exist? I exist is the truth yet my stomach may ache, since I have a mind to experience pain and pleasure (remember these are just metaphors).
    Are you saying that shruti has no value or role to play?

While in dream, whatever needs be done will be done. But one who has waken up even for a moment will not fear the nightmares any more.
    hahaha..."While in dream, whatever needs to be done will be done."

Very funny and very convienient.

I wish not to pursue further since I am still in a dream.
    One question comes to mind since I am in a dream and this prescription is also given in a dream, how do I know that it will work after I wake up? You need not answer...it's a question for self.
    Last edited by satay; 07 February 2010 at 08:05 AM.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    pranam atanu,
    Are you saying that shruti has no value or role to play?

Namaste satay.

Shruti only teaches of the dream states. How else would anyone know and practice?

hahaha..."While in dream, whatever needs to be done will be done."
    Very funny and very convienient.
    I wish not to pursue further since I am still in a dream.
    Very funny indeed that you forget. Does not Shri Krishna teach that what is day for a yogi is night for the ignorant?
    ---------------

I have not got the answer as to how the below is true when you are yet to distinguish the Universe (as modification of Mind, which you are not) and the "I"?

Fear or death, I have none,
    Nor any distincton of caste.

Neither father nor mother,
    Not even a birth, have I.

My discussions with grames are similar to your seeing caste and other divisions, though you claim that you are birthless.

But I have stated before that the embodied existence is better lived by constantly remembering:

18.20. That by which one sees the one indestructible Reality in all beings, not separate in all the separate beings—know thou that knowledge to be Sattwic (pure).

Om Namah Shivaya

Thread Information