Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spiritual growth and Material Success compatible?

Re: Spiritual growth and Material Success compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker123 View Post
    Can someone have spiritual goals (attainment of Moksha) along with material goals like having health, wife, kids, house, car, wealth etc.?
    Will having the spiritual goal in any way decrease the chances of attaining the material goal?
    Namaste
    You will surely get the answer from Shanti Parwa from Mahabharata. Many great saints like sant Tukaram, Namdev have done that.

Namaste,
    A few years ago i was stupid enough to belive something could be done to improve this situation. Today i have given up the idea that anything can be done against this flood of delusions.
    As I grow older, I laugh about the folly of my ways in the past. But then, in the present, it is difficult to discern what part of me has evolved and which one will change many times over.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by MahaHrada View Post
    Everybody is engaged in having all kind of phantasies about kundalini and chakras, it is rarely possible if not at all impossible in this situation to try to clarify or explain anything. A few years ago i was stupid enough to belive something could be done to improve this situation. Today i have given up the idea that anything can be done against this flood of delusions. A few years ago this was different and i still tried explaining some concepts.
    sm found some old stuff i posted years ago in a mailing list and posted it a few years back here in hdf
    I tried to show that kundalini isn´t some sort of "human electricity" it is a tantric female deity. There is no way of experiencing kundalini without access to this devi and having received her grace, the traditional way this can happen is by intervention of a teacher in a legit tantric tradition.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...97&postcount=4
    I have read your former posts about the subject, they are very informative. These fantasies about kundalini and chakras most likely have originated from the theosophical society and Jungian psychology. These have had a large influence on new age thinking. It has become ingrained in modern ideas about these subject, but I think that Hindus at least owe it to themselves not to get caught up in these misinterpretations.

Can someone have spiritual goals (attainment of Moksha) along with material goals like having health, wife, kids, house, car, wealth etc.?
    Will having the spiritual goal in any way decrease the chances of attaining the material goal?
    As one progress on the spiritual path.material success,riddhi-siddhi follows one like a servant.
    But if you donot stop here,are not trapped by these pleasures you reach the ultimate goal.
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Quote Originally Posted by dhyandev View Post
    As one progress on the spiritual path.material success,riddhi-siddhi follows one like a servant.
    Not necessarily. We know of many who are spiritually advanced but materially poor. If you want money you have to go out and try and get it of course following Dharma.

[QUOTE=Believer;78909

The choice of the path that you should choose lies within your own heart. What do you desire? An ascetic's life, or that of a reasonably wealthy householder, or something in between? Forget about Moksha at this stage. On a scale of 1 to 10, we are no higher than 5. Our past karma has to work itself out, something that will require infinite number of rebirths. It's not a drive-through purchase. Just by denying material comforts and becoming a recluse does not necessarily get you to the head of line for Moksha.

Pranam.[/QUOTE]

great post believer. thank you
    ---------------------------------------------
    Vishishtadvaitain
    ---------------------------------------------

Not necessarily.
    necesarily
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Post Re: Spiritual growth and Material Success compatible?

deleted
    Last edited by Gaura das; 06 September 2012 at 06:43 PM.

Post Re: Spiritual growth and Material Success compatible?

Namaste Seeker,
    Dandavat Pranam.

To walk on the path of materialism or desire for material pleasure is seeking what is temporary.
    To walk on the path of self-realization or spirituality is about seeking what is eternal.
    The two are not the same and desire for one requires the abandonment of other.
    In the Bhagavad Gita 3.41 Krishna compares kāmaḥ(desire for sensual pleasure) with pāpmānam(sinful activity) and jñāna-vijñāna-nāśanam(destroyer of knowledge and self-realization).
    Also in Bhagavad Gita 3.28 Krishna says the knower of the Absolute Truth does not engage or desire for sense gratification (guṇā guṇeṣu vartanta).
    So from the words of Krishna we know that one who desires for knowledge of the Supreme and desires for liberation should give up all sorts of sensual pleasures and material desires. So if you are eager for liberation then all such desires should be removed or else it’s destruction to the path.
    Last edited by Śaraṇāgati; 08 September 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Thread Information