Thread: Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

namaste everyone,
    HDF is one year old today! The first post was made on 13 March 2006, at 04:53 PM

Thank you all for making this a great place for everyone to come, share their knowledge, ask questions, debate and/or just shoot the breeze.

Let's make the second year even better.

OM TAT SAT...
    satay

Re: Happy Birthday

Congrats and many many happy returns of the day! You are doing a great service for the dharma...

Namaste Satay.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    HDF is one year old today! The first post was made on 13 March 2006, at 04:53 PM
    OM TAT SAT...
    Congratulations for this important milestone, and many more happy returns of the day!

In this one year, 944 threads, and 10,393 posts by 223 members! That averages 4 threads and 46 posts per member, a good show!

Yea, we will make the second year even better.

Happy Belated Birthday HDF!!! I'm certain the second year will be better than the first.

A.

namaste everyone,

Thank you all for making this a great place for everyone to come, share their knowledge, ask questions, debate and/or just shoot the breeze.

OM TAT SAT...
    I found a poem about the sword that your avatar carries.

I thought I should ask of thee---but I dared not---the rose wreath thou hadst on thy neck. Thus I waited for the morning, when thou didst depart, to find a few fragments on the bed. And like a beggar I searched in the dawn only for a stray petal or two.

Ah me, what is it I find? What token left of thy love? It is no flower, no spices, no vase of perfumed water. It is thy mighty sword, flashing as a flame, heavy as a bolt of thunder. The young light of morning comes through the window and spread itself upon thy bed. The morning bird twitters and asks, `Woman, what hast thou got?' No, it is no flower, nor spices, nor vase of perfumed water---it is thy dreadful sword.

I sit and muse in wonder, what gift is this of thine. I can find no place to hide it. I am ashamed to wear it, frail as I am, and it hurts me when press it to my bosom. Yet shall I bear in my heart this honour of the burden of pain, this gift of thine.

From now there shall be no fear left for me in this world, and thou shalt be victorious in all my strife. Thou hast left death for my companion and I shall crown him with my life. Thy sword is with me to cut asunder my bonds, and there shall be no fear left for me in the world.

From now I leave off all petty decorations. Lord of my heart, no more shall there be for me waiting and weeping in corners, no more coyness and sweetness of demeanour. Thou hast given me thy sword for adornment. No more doll's decorations for me!

This is song of soul, I suppose. Is the sword that you carry similar; a gift? Carry the sword well Satay.

Happy birthday to HDF.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Jai ganesh

namaste everyone,

OM TAT SAT...
    Pranam satay

congratulations,
    Thank you for making it possible

we can say it with pride jai HDF

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

namaste Atanu,

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post
    I found a poem about the sword that your avatar carries.
    Thank you for the beautiful poem. I wasn't expecting any such thing in relation to satay's sword!

My favourite part...
    No more doll's decorations for me!
    This is song of soul, I suppose.
    It really is...isn't it?

Is the sword that you carry similar; a gift? Carry the sword well Satay.
    The sword that my avatar caries is symbolic. Each hindu should carry this symbol. I think that each hindu should be like the knight in the avatar. Sword facing downward indicates peace yet the knight is ready to raise the sword on a second's notice to protect dharma. This image is not new to dharma adherents, however, hindus have forgotten this image...but I digress.

And yes, it is a gift!

Thanks everyone for the wishes. HDF belongs to you all.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Jai ganesh

Pranam satay

congratulations,
    Thank you for making it possible

we can say it with pride jai HDF

Jai Shree Krishna
    pranam Ganeshprasad!

I am only a tiny molecule in space.
    satay

namaste Atanu,

Thank you for the beautiful poem. I wasn't expecting any such thing in relation to satay's sword!

The sword that my avatar caries is symbolic. Each hindu should carry this symbol. I think that each hindu should be like the knight in the avatar. Sword facing downward indicates peace yet the knight is ready to raise the sword on a second's notice to protect dharma. This image is not new to dharma adherents, however, hindus have forgotten this image...but I digress.

And yes, it is a gift!

Thanks everyone for the wishes. HDF belongs to you all.
    Namaste,

I am glad that you found the poem beautiful. I have also learnt often that God makes very unexpected things to happen, to enliven the lives of devotees. Isn't it the Atma that alone enjoys everything within itself. It is a mystery though as to why we feel depressed sometimes.

What you have written about the sword is also beautiful and truly let this be true.

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

pranam Ganeshprasad!

I am only a tiny molecule in space.

Pranam satay
    It only takes a spark to ignite (Davanal) the forest fire

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information